PDA

View Full Version : MAP sensor enhancer damage

sjrobinson
03-04-2013, 03:25 PM
So Ive been fighting with my car and I had a potentiometer hooked up to my car when I had the system in.
Is it possible that because of the potentiometer on my map sensor it messed up my cars timing?
Since its a honda it uses the map sensor in part to determine timing with the ECU. While it has a distributor its an obd2 car. 97 accord.

iveyjh
03-04-2013, 05:05 PM
So Ive been fighting with my car and I had a potentiometer hooked up to my car when I had the system in.
Is it possible that because of the potentiometer on my map sensor it messed up my cars timing?
Since its a honda it uses the map sensor in part to determine timing with the ECU. While it has a distributor its an obd2 car. 97 accord.

No, if it is still in it could be adjusted too lean. If it is out it could have a loose connection. What are the symptoms?, bucking = too lean, black smoke too rich.

I am not an expert, but these have all happened to me.

sjrobinson
03-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Ive had so many symptoms throughout the past year. Some have been fixed, others im still working with. At this point I have intermittent performance issues, throttle response varies and I'm looking back at some of the things I did with the HHO system and am wondering if that did any damage, as I didnt know too much about what I was doing.

At one point I had the potentiometer hooked up to the wrong wire. After getting it on the signal wire I had other issues.

I did a vacuum test on my car and it reads about 23 in/hg at idle. The engine acts healthy when tested, but shows slight issues when driven. But that little bit above the normal 15-22 in/hg makes me wonder if the ignition timing is advanced a little too much. Its not a clogged filter causing the raised vacuum. Id like to see it at about 20 in/hg.

The ECU takes its timing in part by the map sensor, I'm wondering if something couldve gotten damaged from my experiments.