PDA

View Full Version : HHO/HCS Hybrid

Crossedivide
09-19-2012, 08:14 AM
I came across what a Hydrocarbon Cracking System is and I was wondering if you could run your HHO through a HCS?

Crossedivide
09-19-2012, 12:00 PM
I guess I could run both HHO and HCS isolated from each other. I could have the HCS supplied by air after the MAF sensor and have the injection point farther down down stream while the HHO system would need to be injected behind the MAF sensor... Just thinking about it. Any thoughts?

whear
09-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Running it through the HCS system would be very dangerous. If a backfire would occur, **** will go down violently.

Running them separately should work.

hhofox is a user here and he uses both HHO and HCS with success. Separately of course.

He did run HHO through the HCS system for a while, but then he realized that it's very dangerous and re-started using them separately.

Darrell
09-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi Whear
What HCS system are you meaning. Are you refering to a ozone generator?

Just curious

Thanks "D"

whear
10-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Sorry for such a late reply,

HCS stands for Hydrocarbon Cracking System.

Practically, you use the exhaust heat to crack a hydrocarbon or an alcohol into smaller molecules, including Hydrogen.

Most people use the car's natural vacuum or pressure forces in order to direct these vapors from the bottle to a coiled copper pipe around the exhaust, and then to the injection point. However, this can be done by other means such as a pump.

RustyLugNut
10-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Running it through the HCS system would be very dangerous. If a backfire would occur, **** will go down violently.

Running them separately should work.

hhofox is a user here and he uses both HHO and HCS with success. Separately of course.

He did run HHO through the HCS system for a while, but then he realized that it's very dangerous and re-started using them separately.

The HCS system is allegedly there to produce shorter chain molecules from the gasoline (C9). IF it is working to break carbon chains via temperature and catalysis ( steel wool packing), you will have H2 as some of the by product along with the O2 from the air. If you aren't getting any flashback in this situation, you will not reach the ignition temperature of the H2/O2 from the HHO generator. This is assuming these crude HCS systems really are producing synthetic gas (producer gas). Many GEET systems certainly do operate, and they do not have backfire issues.

whear
10-12-2012, 01:39 PM
I was referring to the case where you'd have a flashback which would reach the gasoline mini reservoir.

RustyLugNut
10-14-2012, 03:37 PM
I was referring to the case where you'd have a flashback which would reach the gasoline mini reservoir.

Why worry about flashback to the gasoline reservoir when the temperature seems too low to ignite both HHO or gasoline vapors?

Madsceintist
10-14-2012, 05:00 PM
A flashback from the exhaust heat isn't the concern. A back flash from the intake could easily follow fumes much quicker than liquid, therefor reaching the "mini reservoir" that he mentions. The fumes are more volatile, but they don't spread a flame that keeps burning. Fluids that are flammable, however will cause the widespread burning of things and catastrophe.

RustyLugNut
10-14-2012, 05:50 PM
A flashback from the exhaust heat isn't the concern. A back flash from the intake could easily follow fumes much quicker than liquid, therefor reaching the "mini reservoir" that he mentions. The fumes are more volatile, but they don't spread a flame that keeps burning. Fluids that are flammable, however will cause the widespread burning of things and catastrophe.

Effective arrestors are simple to design and implement. Fuel injection makes flashbacks less of an issue with port injection and direct injection.

It seems as though people have been running the gasoline bubblers through the heating coils for some time with no issues with flash backs. We have been running proper HHO setups without flashbacks. So, all I am saying is the addition off HHO to gasoline vapors does not make this any more dangerous assuming your HHO and vapor generator also has protection from direct flashbacks.