PDA

View Full Version : HHO/ Water in the air intake?

ramo109
08-06-2008, 01:41 PM
First off, I wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forums. I was wondering somthing... The generator has a water in and out. It is just like a water filter thing. The in is pluged off since we do not have a resivoir yet. The out has a pipe which is also connected to the bottom of a little bubbler device seperate from the generator. The bubbler has a pipe at the top going to the air intake where we drilled a hole in the metal part of the air intake right above the filter so... Im guessing when the gas goes through it sort of bypasses the filter. I was wondering if water should be going from the gererator to the bubbler and then the air intake or only gas should be going to the air intake or only gas should be going to the bubbler or both? Also there is no water in the exausht, Is this a problem. When we tested it we lost 3mpg. Thanks and sorry for the long post.:D

Smith03Jetta
08-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I don't really know what to tell you other than explain what will happen in your system.

The plates when energized will produce some volume of gas. That gas will build up pressure in the generator Whatever is in your gas line will be pushed out whether it is gas or water. If you have a bubbler some water will be pushed from the electrolyzer into the bubbler.

What you are describing is an overfilled situation. If you aren't careful water will get pushed past the bubbler and into the engine. HIGHLY PROBABLE. I would take some water out of the filter housing. Create an air gap at the top and clear the water out of the tube going to the bubbler.