PDA

View Full Version : 1-1/2 Volts at 500 Amps!

BoyntonStu
08-06-2008, 07:31 AM
1-1/2 Volts at 500 Amps!

I just realized how one can produce 1-1/2 Volts at almost any Amps up to 500 Amps from a 13.8 V battery.

The battery drain would be about 60 Amps.

What this means is that instead of having to produce a cell design that requires enough cells to reduce the 13.8 Volts to a value low enough to reduce waste heat, one can apply he exact voltage across every cell.

BTW 1-1/2 Volts is just an example.

I know a way how to produce any voltage at any current that together would produce approximately 750 Watts.

This should be adequate for 5 LPM or so.

This concept leads me to think of a brute force single spiral cell with adequate area to allow 500 Amps.

Imagine this type cell at 500 Amps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8pmkCV4Ip4

An electrolyte reservoir, a pump, and a radiator and it would run cool.

Actually the concept has been around for many years and it is use daily.

I did not invent this technology.

The components are readily available.

Who will be the first to guess this method?

BoyntonStu

jimbo40
08-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Theres all kind of little guessing games we can play, But I got bored with that in first grade.
You said you know how it can be done, so why would you not enlighten us, instead of being antaganistic.
Here's a concept for you. Try to be helpful.:rolleyes:

BoyntonStu
08-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Theres all kind of little guessing games we can play, But I got bored with that in first grade.
You said you know how it can be done, so why would you not enlighten us, instead of being antaganistic.
Here's a concept for you. Try to be helpful.:rolleyes:

Is this an example of passive/aggressive?

Why would I help you?

BoyntonStu

Smith03Jetta
08-06-2008, 08:39 AM
I have a better idea. Build it.

You can use power inverters and arc welder technology to produce 500 amps at 10 volts. Tesla Coils or faraday disks can also be used.

Knock yourself out.

jimbo40
08-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Is this an example of passive/aggressive?

Why would I help you?

BoyntonStu

Your the guy with all the answers.
I suspect you don't have to many friends to get or give help.
Sucks to be you.

c02cutter
08-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Wow, I think before people try to shoot a concept down they ought to see where it goes instead of getting hostile. As for the post of stopping in first grade... Then you are the know it all enlighten us! That playing to knowledge does not work. I wouldn't help you either. I have talked with BoyntonStu on this and he has an idea that may work. And so you know he is building it, I'm shipping parts to him Monday.

This is not a concept that is “new” it has been done by multiple people throughout the years, just now we have the ability of the net to trade ideas, and get multiple input on a concept. The people that think they know all the answers, well, time to go back to first grade. Today we are so much farther along than we were 4 years ago with this. Why? We are here trading ideas. Sharing knowledge with like individuals trying to reach a goal that is common. There are 971 ideas, minds, and opinions currently involved in this forum. ( Just checked the Forum Member List) and that grows everyday.

mario brito
08-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Wow, I think before people try to shoot a concept down they ought to see where it goes instead of getting hostile. As for the post of stopping in first grade... Then you are the know it all enlighten us! That playing to knowledge does not work. I wouldn't help you either. I have talked with BoyntonStu on this and he has an idea that may work. And so you know he is building it, I'm shipping parts to him Monday.

This is not a concept that is “new” it has been done by multiple people throughout the years, just now we have the ability of the net to trade ideas, and get multiple input on a concept. The people that think they know all the answers, well, time to go back to first grade. Today we are so much farther along than we were 4 years ago with this. Why? We are here trading ideas. Sharing knowledge with like individuals trying to reach a goal that is common. There are 971 ideas, minds, and opinions currently involved in this forum. ( Just checked the Forum Member List) and that grows everyday.

+1

could you please share some info ?

thanks

BoyntonStu
08-09-2008, 07:12 PM
+1

could you please share some info ?

thanks

Thanks guys.

I have found that asking a question is a good way to teach because it makes a person think of the possibilities before hearing the answer.

So here goes:

Actually it is not hard to poduce very high amps at low volts. I took a 700 VA transformer from an old microwave and with some effort I removed the secondary winding. I replaced the original winding with 2 turns of #2 braided copper wire. I now have 500 Amps AC that can spot weld.

To make DC. There are 400 Amp 35 Volt Shottkey diodes available at $10 each. Make a bridge rectifier on 4 isolated heat sinks.

My idea was to use a 1000 Watt inverter and a high wattage light dimmer on the input to control the output cell current. HUGE cabling is the fly in the ointment.

Here's the way that I have begun to design. Seven 2" x 24" length spiral "jelly rolls" with a plastic lattice spacer about 0.045" thick.

Length of a spiral L = pi*N*(D+d)/2 where N = (D-d)/(2*t)

I have an Excel program that calculates the above equation.

Email me and I will send it to you.

Length N D d t
6.25 turns, outer diameter 1.875, inner diameter 0.625, sandwich thickness 0.1

for a length of 24.5"

Imagine these 7 spirals series connected makes for 366 sq inches of
active cell area at 2 Volts per cell. With cooling, one could pump a lot of Amps though this slim sucker!

Many thanks to Eric for generously supplying the SS strips.

I will send progress reports.

BoyntonStu

Q-Hack!
08-09-2008, 11:49 PM
I take it that this is the project that requires the transformer dielectric?

BoyntonStu
08-10-2008, 12:07 AM
I take it that this is the project that requires the transformer dielectric?

Actually, my research into transformer lacquer is for the purpose of sealing the edges of the plates to avoid leakage.

The reason that I brought it up was because recently so many have unsuccessfully tried tool dips etc.

A hundred years ago, a cheap method using lacquer was introduced and it has been with us ever since.

Why re-invent the wheel?

BoyntonStu

Painless
08-10-2008, 12:22 PM
ZeroFossilFuel on youtube uses Goop marine adhesive to stick acrylic to the edges of his plates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHV3U4bXPso

This seems like a pretty decent idea to achieve the same results.

timetowinarace
08-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys.

I have found that asking a question is a good way to teach because it makes a person think of the possibilities before hearing the answer.

So here goes:

Actually it is not hard to poduce very high amps at low volts. I took a 700 VA transformer from an old microwave and with some effort I removed the secondary winding. I replaced the original winding with 2 turns of #2 braided copper wire. I now have 500 Amps AC that can spot weld.

To make DC. There are 400 Amp 35 Volt Shottkey diodes available at $10 each. Make a bridge rectifier on 4 isolated heat sinks.

My idea was to use a 1000 Watt inverter and a high wattage light dimmer on the input to control the output cell current. HUGE cabling is the fly in the ointment.

Here's the way that I have begun to design. Seven 2" x 24" length spiral "jelly rolls" with a plastic lattice spacer about 0.045" thick.

Length of a spiral L = pi*N*(D+d)/2 where N = (D-d)/(2*t)

I have an Excel program that calculates the above equation.

Email me and I will send it to you.

Length N D d t
6.25 turns, outer diameter 1.875, inner diameter 0.625, sandwich thickness 0.1

for a length of 24.5"

Imagine these 7 spirals series connected makes for 366 sq inches of
active cell area at 2 Volts per cell. With cooling, one could pump a lot of Amps though this slim sucker!

Many thanks to Eric for generously supplying the SS strips.

I will send progress reports.

BoyntonStu

By your calculations of 7 spirals series connected makes for 366 sq inches of active cell area, there is (366/7) 52.2 sq inches of active cell area in each cell. If the cells are wired in series as you propose, a large current will cause a large amount of heat because the whole current must pass through each cell. You would have to wire them in parallel to divide a large current between them.

My own opinion (witch isn't neccissarily the most intelligent) is that you'd be much better off with only seven cells in series to use the voltage and current allready available and resonate the cells. To go beyond this would require many more cells or surface area. For me it seems much easier to increase the voltage (because it is easier) and add series cells to drop the voltage across each one and use the same current than to increase the current and surface area.

BoyntonStu
08-10-2008, 03:04 PM
By your calculations of 7 spirals series connected makes for 366 sq inches of active cell area, there is (366/7) 52.2 sq inches of active cell area in each cell. If the cells are wired in series as you propose, a large current will cause a large amount of heat because the whole current must pass through each cell. You would have to wire them in parallel to divide a large current between them.

My own opinion (witch isn't neccissarily the most intelligent) is that you'd be much better off with only seven cells in series to use the voltage and current allready available and resonate the cells. To go beyond this would require many more cells or surface area. For me it seems much easier to increase the voltage (because it is easier) and add series cells to drop the voltage across each one and use the same current than to increase the current and surface area.

Sorry, you have it backwards.

Place 2-100 Watt bulb in series and you will pass 50 Watts.

Place 2-100 Watt bulb in parallel and you will pass 200 Watts.

BoyntonStu

timetowinarace
08-10-2008, 05:25 PM
I don't have it backwards. I have an electronics background. I didn't specifically mention watts.

I may have used too many words to try to explain a simple thing.

You are figuring to pour a large current through cells in series that have a total plate surface area of 366 sq inches. My point is that each cell has one seventh of that plate area. Placing them in series will not increase the 52 sq inches of each cell to 366. You will still be restricted in current capacity to the 52 sq inches. Trying to push the current that would be usable for 366 sq inches through 52 sq inches will not work. Off the top of my head, those cells in series will not handle much more than 30A without heating problems.

Just trying to save you some time. I don't think I'm wrong, but it has happened before.

BoyntonStu
08-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't have it backwards. I have an electronics background. I didn't specifically mention watts.

I may have used too many words to try to explain a simple thing.

You are figuring to pour a large current through cells in series that have a total plate surface area of 366 sq inches. My point is that each cell has one seventh of that plate area. Placing them in series will not increase the 52 sq inches of each cell to 366. You will still be restricted in current capacity to the 52 sq inches. Trying to push the current that would be usable for 366 sq inches through 52 sq inches will not work. Off the top of my head, those cells in series will not handle much more than 30A without heating problems.

Just trying to save you some time. I don't think I'm wrong, but it has happened before.

I agree with the above. The area of a series cell limits the current.

Some say .5 A/2 sq in or 90 A maximum.

The way to push a lot of current is to place the cells in parallel.

According to your estimate, that would allow 7 x 30A or 210 A.

I can provide almost any voltage and almost any current by changing the output winding on my step-down transformer.

Perhaps my 1-1/2 Volt at 500 Amps would be useful with 7 wires each carrying 30 A to 7 cells in parallel?

We shall see.

BoyntonStu

Phantom240
08-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Whoa....

Way over my head.

liberybell
08-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Whoa....

Way over my head.

I agree, I have no idea of what BoyntonStu is experimenting with. It sounds like a great idea though: increase the amps and reduce the voltage so greater amount of watts can be used with less heat due to less voltage (I think to remember that with ss plates only the first 2 volts yield production of hho and the rest yields heat.)
I am just curious to learn more about a few things:
- step-down transformers
- changing the output winding on a step-down transformer.
- heat proportion saved versus regular 13v systems.
- hho production.

Great thread!

Phantom240
08-10-2008, 09:27 PM
I agree, I have no idea of what BoyntonStu is experimenting with. It sounds like a great idea though: increase the amps and reduce the voltage so greater amount of watts can be used with less heat due to less voltage (I think to remember that with ss plates only the first 2 volts yield production of hho and the rest yields heat.)
- step-down transformers
- hho production.

Great thread!

Same here.

BoyntonStu
08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
- step-down transformers
- hho production.

Great thread!

I think to remember that with ss plates only the first 2 volts yield production of hho and the rest yields heat.)

Bravo! Exactly where I am headed.

I will try to give a brief review:

A transformer must use ac and all we have in our car is a 12V dc battery.

Since our cells are always under 1,000 Watts a relatively inexpensive device called an INVERTER takes the Battery 12 Volts and it turns it into 120 VAC.

For example: http://cgi.ebay.com Item number: 310074129302

* New
1000 watt Xantrex Vehicle Power Inverter NEW IN BOX
This seller accepts PayPal
* $0.99
$64.99Buy It Now
* Time Left: 2d 02h 25m

So now we have 110 VAC, 1,000 Watts in our car and we can use a transformer.

A "step up" transformer can turn our 110 VAC into a higher voltage but less current than what goes in. We don't need that.

A "step down" transformer turns our 110 VAC into a lower voltage but with more current than what goes in. Exactly what we need.

So with the 110 VAC we can make 500 Volts or 5 Volts, whatever we choose.

Let's say we design the transformer to deliver lots of Amps (200) at 2 Volts.

We are almost there but not quite, because we have AC and we need DC to run our hydroxy cells.

We must "rectify" the ac to dc using a rectifier.

( Nerdy engineers sometimes call them rectum finders.)

So we now have rectified dc at high amps and what's next?

Here's the neat thing. Since the transformer is at 110 VAC we already have a PWM available for under $10! A light dimmer! We can now control our cell current with a light dimmer by controlling the INPUT to the transformer. Imagine that!

If you add the costs up, it may actually be cheaper and more reliable to use an inverter/transformer/rectifier/dimmer than a high current PWM.

Check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Step_down_transformer

ands also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_rectifier

You will learn a lot if you would visit these 2 sites.

I hope that this helps.

Good luck,

BoyntonStu

Phantom240
08-10-2008, 09:57 PM
If we're taking 12v DC and making it into 110v AC, then stepping it BACK down to 2v (or whatever voltage) DC, isn't that kinda redundant? Isn't there a simple enough way to step down 12v DC to 2v DC? It seems like it would be inefficient to step it up, then down, ya know what I mean?

BoyntonStu
08-10-2008, 10:01 PM
If we're taking 12v DC and making it into 110v AC, then stepping it BACK down to 2v (or whatever voltage) DC, isn't that kinda redundant? Isn't there a simple enough way to step down 12v DC to 2v DC? It seems like it would be inefficient to step it up, then down, ya know what I mean?

Isn't there a simple enough way to step down 12v DC to 2v DC?

Yes, described above.

Read the links.

IOW There is no other way that I know of, to gain Amps and to reduce Volts.

BoyntonStu

liberybell
08-10-2008, 10:44 PM

Here's the neat thing. Since the transformer is at 110 VAC we already have a PWM available for under $10! A light dimmer! We can now control our cell current with a light dimmer by controlling the INPUT to the transformer. Imagine that!

If you add the costs up, it may actually be cheaper and more reliable to use an inverter/transformer/rectifier/dimmer than a high current PWM.

Check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Step_down_transformer

ands also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_rectifier

You will learn a lot if you would visit these 2 sites.

I hope that this helps.

Good luck,

BoyntonStu

Excellent info.
Have you completed any test yet with this new electrical system?
It will be great to compare results on your current generator between the regular 13v and the 2v systems.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the info.

daveczrn
08-11-2008, 12:09 AM
very nice....any idea where to get the transformer to make my own setup with? everything else i believe i can do easily.. it's just the transformer that has me hesitant.

Jaxom
08-11-2008, 12:34 AM
I agree with the above. The area of a series cell limits the current.

The way to push a lot of current is to place the cells in parallel.

According to your estimate, that would allow 7 x 30A or 210 A.

Perhaps my 1-1/2 Volt at 500 Amps would be useful with 7 wires each carrying 30 A to 7 cells in parallel?

This is the path I'd like to see pursued as I believe it will be the most rewarding. The inverter/transformer/rectifier set will cost some efficiency, (more wattage going in than coming out,) but perhaps it will make up for it by increasing the efficiency of the reaction.

I have another idea along these lines but I'll save it for another thread.

timetowinarace
08-11-2008, 10:23 AM

In a way, it is redundant. In a way, it is not. For seven cells the simple way is to wire them in series in the existing system. I'll explain this using 14V as an example because most autos will have near 14V while running.

If you take 7 identical cells and wire them in series in a 14V system, each will drop 2V across them. So there you have the ideal target of 2V. There is a reason I consider 2V as ideal. For ideal effeciancy you would want a 27% KOH solution in each cell. This could draw more amps than the electrical system can handle though. So you can go up to 27%. Just keep the solution excactly the same for all cells. Have a target for amp draw, let's call it 30A. Adjust elecrolyte solution accordingly, you have to do this for all seven cells at the same time. You can't just adjust each one for 30A then wire them together or your amp draw will be low. Now you have seven cells, all at 2V and 30A. The big advantage to this is: if you measure output of one cell at 2V and 30A and get, let's say 1LPM for easy math, seven cells in series at 2V and 30A would be 1 X 7 = 7LPM. Even if you got half that output, 3.5LPM for a booster is a nice number. Especially considering most are not getting up to 1LPM in their attemps. Note: you cannot use N or unconnected plates in a system like this. They are ineffeciant anyway and I don't like them. I prefer this over the proposed system of this thread because I like KISS(keep it simple stupid). However, to use more than seven cells, or higher hho output, more electronics are necissary.

For those interested in learning more about:
- step-down transformers
- hho production.

You should start here, http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapt12.html

BoyntonStu
08-11-2008, 11:44 AM
In a way, it is redundant. In a way, it is not. For seven cells the simple way is to wire them in series in the existing system. I'll explain this using 14V as an example because most autos will have near 14V while running.

If you take 7 identical cells and wire them in series in a 14V system, each will drop 2V across them. So there you have the ideal target of 2V. There is a reason I consider 2V as ideal. For ideal effeciancy you would want a 27% KOH solution in each cell. This could draw more amps than the electrical system can handle though. So you can go up to 27%. Just keep the solution excactly the same for all cells. Have a target for amp draw, let's call it 30A. Adjust elecrolyte solution accordingly, you have to do this for all seven cells at the same time. You can't just adjust each one for 30A then wire them together or your amp draw will be low. Now you have seven cells, all at 2V and 30A. The big advantage to this is: if you measure output of one cell at 2V and 30A and get, let's say 1LPM for easy math, seven cells in series at 2V and 30A would be 1 X 7 = 7LPM. Even if you got half that output, 3.5LPM for a booster is a nice number. Especially considering most are not getting up to 1LPM in their attemps. Note: you cannot use N or unconnected plates in a system like this. They are ineffeciant anyway and I don't like them. I prefer this over the proposed system of this thread because I like KISS(keep it simple stupid). However, to use more than seven cells, or higher hho output, more electronics are necissary.

For those interested in learning more about:
- step-down transformers
- hho production.

You should start here, http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapt12.html

Thanks for informing the group about this wonderful site.

Patrick Kelly should be rewarded for his work.

It should be a "sticky".

This URL will show you how to modify an old microwave transformer to make a few Volts at high Amps.

I got mine for $1.50 at Goodwill. The door was ripped off.

http://ww1.hnetinc.com:82/Projects/spotwelder/index.htm

The hard part is removing the secondary wire.

(You can use 1/2 turn increments to adjust the voltage)

I hope that this helps.

BoyntonStu

timetowinarace
08-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks for informing the group about this wonderful site.

Patrick Kelly should be rewarded for his work.

It should be a "sticky".

This URL will show you how to modify an old microwave transformer to make a few Volts at high Amps.

I got mine for $1.50 at Goodwill. The door was ripped off.

http://ww1.hnetinc.com:82/Projects/spotwelder/index.htm

The hard part is removing the secondary wire.

(You can use 1/2 turn increments to adjust the voltage)

I hope that this helps.

BoyntonStu

I've posted it many times. I've also suggested a forum topics section to post links for hho information but it went unheard.

I'm actually a bit surprized you'd go the low volts/high amps route when most have gone the other way, high volts/low amps. It'll be interesting to see the results you get as there is little info out there on this approach.

daveczrn
08-11-2008, 12:31 PM
i believe the high voltage/lower amps route is why people can use no electrolite... just tap water.

as far as us electrolite users i believe the low volts route is the way to go.

dave

timetowinarace
08-11-2008, 12:43 PM
i believe the high voltage/lower amps route is why people can use no electrolite... just tap water.

as far as us electrolite users i believe the low volts route is the way to go.

dave

Actually, the idea behind the high voltage is not on a per cell basis. It is the same concept I used in the above explaination of seven cells in series. Just add 120V and 60 series cells for 2V and 30A for 60LPM(1LPM per cell X 60)

Remember, I like KISS.

BoyntonStu
08-11-2008, 12:50 PM
I've posted it many times. I've also suggested a forum topics section to post links for hho information but it went unheard.

I'm actually a bit surprized you'd go the low volts/high amps route when most have gone the other way, high volts/low amps. It'll be interesting to see the results you get as there is little info out there on this approach.

I second your idea for links, it is a good idea.

Perhaps a "sticky" too?

Let's discuss V and A.

As I understand electrolysis, there is a threshold voltage to produce Hydroxy from water.

"Decomposition of pure water into hydrogen and oxygen at standard temperature and pressure is not favorable in thermodynamical terms.

Thus, the standard potential of the water electrolysis cell is 1.23 V at 25 °C. " (room temp) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysis_of_water#Thermodynamics_of_the_proces s

What happens when we add volts above 1.23 Volts? Heat.

What happens if we add current at 1.23 Volts? Gas.

If we have enough area and enough Amps, we should be able to produce more gas.

That is why I am working on a cell of seven spirals made from 2" x 24" strips of SS.

First, I will place them in series and adjust the current to 30 A and see if the output is anywhere 7 LPM.

IMHO It would not be possible to produce 7 LPM with 13.8 V and 30 A because it would require 16.91 MMW. Outrageously too high.

The voltage per cell would be 13.8/7 = 2 Volts/cell

30 A x 13.8 V = 414 Watts.

OTOH If I make a step down transformer designed to produce 1.5 Volts at 420 Amps, I could supply the same 7 cells in parallel with 60 A per cell and I could adjust the current with a 700 Watt $3.95 light dimmer. It is much easier using a PWM built into in a light dimmer at 7 A than using a PWM controlling 60 A.

(BTW I have a 100 A Curtis PWM which came from a golf cart.)

The flexibility of changing cell voltage instead of adding/subtracting plates, is also very attractive to me. Imagine controlling your cell in your car with a sliding light dimmer.

As for efficiency, you cannot beat the KISS of a battery and a cell structure designed to use it. I certainly agree with you there.

Your response is most welcome.

I hope that this helps.

BoyntonStu

timetowinarace
08-11-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't really disagree with your reasoning. To me there seems to be some finer points that will be difficult to overcome. However, It's likely I'm not seeing the 'whole' picture in the same frame.

I prefer the 2V target range per cell. Yes, there will be heat involved. But hho production will increase some up to 2V. A viable tradeoff for me. The main factor I consider in this preferance is some variablity in each cell. It's unlikely each cell will be perfectly alike. It isn't as big of a concern for cells in parellel though. Cells in series would have a larger impact from variables like this.

Also, producing the amperage is one thing, getting it through the cell is another. It takes voltage to 'push' current through a resistance. I believe the least resistive you can make the electrolyte solution is with 27% KOH? Is that going to be conductive enough to push 60A with 1.5V? Ohm's law for this is V/A=Ohms. So, 1.5V / 60A = 0.025Ohms. This is almost non-resistive. I will admit this might be too simplified, it is just an example of my thought's.

Wouldn't the dimmer switch also change the voltage along with the current?

My example of 1LPM per cell was just an example. There is no way for me to even guess at the output that the spiral cell will put out at X amount of volts and Y amount of amps. But for testing purposes, it may well be worth testing the output of one cell at those numbers and seeing if seven of them at the same numbers makes 7X the output.

shovel52
08-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Everyone is losing concept here. the power inverter would not work here.
I use one every day. An inverter draws way too much current to operate something like this. Calculate your current draw across the battery, not the inverter, it's 10 times. You would have to run multiple batteries and then your alternator would have to charge all this. your inverter would simply shut down once the battery dropped below 11 volts.

timetowinarace
08-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I agree but havn't focused on the current draw issue yet. Though you are correct, it's probably most important.

BoyntonStu
08-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Everyone is loosing concept here. the power inverter would not work here.
I use one every day. An inverter draws way too much current to operate something like this. Calculate your current draw across the battery, not the inverter, it's 10 times. You would have to run multiple batteries and then your alternator would have to charge all this. your inverter would simply shut down once the battery dropped below 11 volts.

"I use one every day. An inverter draws way too much current to operate something like this"

This statement is way too vague.

I use a little power inverter every day to charge my cell phone.

You would not know it is there.

What size is your inverter?

If it runs with no load, I assume there is almost no draw.

Now draw 200 Watts out of it.

That is 200/13.8 or 14.5 A from your battery/alternator.

Certainly doable.

I can draw 80 Amps to run a cell from a step down transformer/inverter with 14.5 A from the battery.

I hope that this helps.

BoyntonStu

shovel52
08-11-2008, 04:44 PM
2000 watt inverter. To run a skill saw your talking 16 amps across the inverter or 160 amps across the battery.

BoyntonStu
08-11-2008, 05:28 PM
2000 watt inverter. To run a skill saw your talking 16 amps across the inverter or 160 amps across the battery.

That's reasonable but not on point.

Using a step down transformer as I have indicated, one need to draw less than 1/10 of 160 A to produce 1.5 V at 100 A. We are multiplying the AQ by dropping the Volts in inverse proportion.

We are not drawing the 15 A at 110 VAC.

I hope that this helps.

BoyntonStu

Mika
08-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Anything new about this subject?