PDA

View Full Version : what about this thing

Queamore
08-17-2012, 04:32 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Efficient-HHO-Hydrogen-Generator-DIY-10-Cell-Kit-better-than-Dry-Cell-/261029230102?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc68df616&vxp=mtr

should i buy it?

what about the joe cell

the g-cell

dry cell

wet cell

wire cell

everyone says everything works better then everyone elses idea. its very frustrating. i dont want to do anything anyone else did and failed at. i dont want to repeat mistakes already made. im starting to get frustrated. and i havent even started yet. What i want to do is find the best idea and see if i can improve on it. and share my progress with everyone.

can someone tell me what is the best thing out there is and what i can put together to win over some potential investors.

whear
08-17-2012, 09:07 PM
I know that hhoconnection.com has some very good generators.

The complete kits are quite expensive though. They start from 360$.

I found a cheaper kit on eBay that looks legit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HHO-HYDROGEN-GENERATOR-DRY-CELL-COMPLETE-KIT-/160860076867?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257401fb43&vxp=mtr

However, there are essential preparation techniques that need to be done on the plates before the assembly in order to drastically improve the efficiency and life expectation of the system. And I'd take a wild guess and say that 95 % of the people who sell these things on the internet don't prepare and condition the plates properly. And that's because it takes a lot of time, effort, precision. It's like dealing with a virgin ***** LOL.

I'm pretty sure that hhoconnection sells generators and kits that have went properly through preparation and conditioning. If I'm mistaken, somebody please correct me.

Oh, and you should go with dry cells only. Wet cells are inefficient and the other ones that you specified seem pseudo cells. But again, I might be mistaken.

Good luck.

Queamore
08-18-2012, 04:33 AM
ok im gonna focus on dry cells for starters.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HHO-DRY-CELL-316L-43-PLATES-HYDROGEN-GENERATOR-6-LPM-MAX-AU43-Compact-Unit-/251131940666?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a78a14f3a&vxp=mtr

this one looks pretty reasonable.

hhoconnection is real expensive but very informative as well i watched all his videos

Havens78
08-18-2012, 06:14 AM
Just make sure that you get something that is good quality materials, sometimes saving a buck or two at first ends up costing more after a few months. That is a curse of this technology right now, it costs more to do things right.

whear
08-18-2012, 07:44 PM
The last one that you linked is only the generator itself. It says in the ad that it's ready to add to your hardware and plumbing.

So you actually need the hardware and plumbing too. Such as the reservoir, the bubbler, hoses and everything else that comprises a well done system.

Oh yes, and it's a 43 plates generator. Efficient generators start from 7-8 plates and as you add more plates and stacks, you lose efficiency. I don't have any experience with large generators, but in theory they should be pretty inefficient compared to small ones.

It's better to have multiple small generators ( 7-8 plates ) connected between them if you need a lot of HHO.

What kind of car do you want to use HHO on ? What's the engine capacity I mean.

If you buy one from the Internet, I advise you to dismember the generator after you receive it so you can cleanse and condition the SS plates. Many people here have reported that doing so greatly increased efficiency.

The reason I'm stressing efficiency so much is because that's where saving gas really comes from. Not from mindlessly pumping HHO in your car :)

Good luck.

Thunderball
08-20-2012, 03:25 AM
There's some pretty decent generators out there. Again, you'll pay a little more for something made of quality 316 SS with good hardware etc. vs something cheaply put together. My experience, and probably a lot of others, is in TUNING with and EFIE!! My generator is a HHOKits.com 772....produces great gas, but that's about it. Electronics from them didn't work and support is pretty slim. But my darn ECU wont adjust. Working on obtaining a new EFIE AFR chip and doing some research on electronics before I plunk down another $200. Biggest lesson learned so far....RESEARCH PLENTY BEFORE YOU BUY....You are on your own putting these kits together.

There's a poster on here 'myoldyourgold' that is really knowledgeable on electronics. Go back through some electronic threads and read up.

Also, check this out: http://stores.ebay.com/mightymitestore where you can email Darol at klondikedarol.yahoo.com and get his ebook Tuning 101....BEST read ever. You'll learn exactly what is going on electronically with your vehicle and how to adjust it properly. A lot of great information there on how emission electronics work and how to properly adjust them for HHO gas. You'll need about a week of reading time because there's so much there!

Good Luck.....HHO Gas for All!!!
;)

RustyLugNut
08-20-2012, 05:49 AM
. . . Biggest lesson learned so far....RESEARCH PLENTY BEFORE YOU BUY....You are on your own putting these kits together. . . .
;)

The truth about HHO is that few people know much about it. Applying it effectively to your vehicle is up to you.

Become intimately knowledgeable about your vehicle. Understand how it works. Then make your changes and additions.

Queamore
08-20-2012, 04:10 PM
My truck is a 97 ford expedition. With 5.4L engine. And with 4wheel drive i get about 14.5 miles to the gallon rht now and i keep it tuned up very well i have extensive knowldge in mechanics and the electronics in cars. My goal is to replace the use of gas completly and share all my results. I saw the mighty mite thing on ebay and was thinking about purchasing it or should i stick with small dry cells. And i am deffinatly researching as much as i can i think ive seen just about every hho video on youtube. And even got a book about building it. But after reading it for 15min everything started to look like japanese to me.lol i wil be doing something in two weeks and since I own a film production company you guys will get high quality hd video of my progress.

Havens78
08-20-2012, 04:26 PM
My truck is a 97 ford expedition. With 5.4L engine. And with 4wheel drive i get about 14.5 miles to the gallon rht now and i keep it tuned up very well i have extensive knowldge in mechanics and the electronics in cars. My goal is to replace the use of gas completly and share all my results. I saw the mighty mite thing on ebay and was thinking about purchasing it or should i stick with small dry cells. And i am deffinatly researching as much as i can i think ive seen just about every hho video on youtube. And even got a book about building it. But after reading it for 15min everything started to look like japanese to me.lol i wil be doing something in two weeks and since I own a film production company you guys will get high quality hd video of my progress.

I recently installed a unit in a family members 1999 version of that 5.4 liter engine and we are getting a constant 3 LPM at hwy speed. He is still in the process of installing sensor controls so i'm not going to post any numbers yet, but you'll need plenty of gas for that engine and that kind of metal count doesn't come very cheap usually.

Research this stuff until its not japanese, you need to know what you're getting into before you jump in.

Queamore
08-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Your right i am gonna keep reading. Maybe i can get my assistant to read it for me. Lol was the unit a dry cell and after instalation did u notice any difference in driving or how the engine ran or sounds. Any power difference. I have so many questions wish i can just come and see it and ride in it.

whear
08-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Here's a little advice for you, Queamore. For your personal, intellectual growth.

Stop pretending you're something else than what you actually are. And cut back on that egocentric attitude. It's harming the most human part of yourself.

And don't forget this: "You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else" - Tyler Durden, Fight Club.

Havens78
08-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Your right i am gonna keep reading. Maybe i can get my assistant to read it for me. Lol was the unit a dry cell and after instalation did u notice any difference in driving or how the engine ran or sounds. Any power difference. I have so many questions wish i can just come and see it and ride in it.

I have been informed by the vehicles owner that the engine is running smoother, pulls better through hills and is doing quite well running at 45 amps. They will be upgrading the alternator soon as a 45 amp load isn't consistant with the OEM setup. It was a dry cell from green fuel h20, I believe it was the dual 19 plate semi-truck setup on their site. Though the plates were conditioned and prepped prior to being installed in the vehicle, they did not come this way from the manufacturer. All of the steps I followed can be found on this site, including bubbler construction and electrical components.

Queamore
08-21-2012, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the Info havens. Thats pretty much the typical response from people. Better performance can usually lead to better gas mileage. I know on average a 1000 watt car sterio amp will draw on average 30 to 60 amps from the alternator depending on the rms. so 45 amps should not strain the alternator to much. I know the alternator on my year of truck is a 130 amp alternator and most cars decently loaded with options will only use about half that. And can be upgraded to a 200 amp alternator without going crazy with cost. So maybe my goal of running full hho is a possibility. Are they running a pwm and what efie controller are they useing i see there are some very expensive ones and some very cheap ones. I havent heard to many good reports from volo during my research and 200 dollar ones are too expensive. I know there is software to hook your car ecu to a laptop and you have the ability to change settings on the fly is that a fesable option?

Havens78
08-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the Info havens. Thats pretty much the typical response from people. Better performance can usually lead to better gas mileage. I know on average a 1000 watt car sterio amp will draw on average 30 to 60 amps from the alternator depending on the rms. so 45 amps should not strain the alternator to much. I know the alternator on my year of truck is a 130 amp alternator and most cars decently loaded with options will only use about half that. And can be upgraded to a 200 amp alternator without going crazy with cost. So maybe my goal of running full hho is a possibility. Are they running a pwm and what efie controller are they useing i see there are some very expensive ones and some very cheap ones. I havent heard to many good reports from volo during my research and 200 dollar ones are too expensive. I know there is software to hook your car ecu to a laptop and you have the ability to change settings on the fly is that a fesable option?

I believe they are hooking up this model. And this is also with the use of an Ultra Gauge monitor.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2012-MODEL-TUNING-101-AFR-CONTOL-HHO-HYDROGEN-GENERATOR-EFIE-MAF-MAP-IAT-CTS/250912347681?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=42604&cmd=ViewItem

The costs do add up, but to get your best results you have to be able to control all the sensors you can so that they continue to talk nice to each other. I have not had any consistent luck with the Volo chips, and i've tried 2 of them. Just remember that if you're going to lean out your engine you have to monitor what is going on. Do your research first and you should be able to lessen your costs of trial and error.