PDA

View Full Version : Design of plates

j1walters
08-09-2012, 03:15 PM
I have drawn my plate design. I am going to use the configuration: -6N+6N-.
I have question marks for my two holes on the picture: the top, I was wondering how big the inner diameter for the yellow 10 gauge terminal is and the input port (bottom), I was also wondering how big the hole should be based on the size of my slots.

Myoldyourgold stated the input port should be half the size or less than the exit port, but slots seem to be exempt from this rule, and I don't know what size I should use.

Also, I was wondering if my slots are to close to the top and need to be an inch away instead of half an inch.

By the way, the dotted line is the gasket and I apologize for the distorted picture. I can't completely understand how to space accordingly on MS Word.

I appreciate any help.

Havens78
08-10-2012, 02:22 AM
That is very close to what I did, and I wasn't sure about the size of my inlet hole either. I made mine 3/8" dia. If you want to reduce that center portion between your slots to 1/2" you can, 1" will simply make it stronger there. Blast those things, hit them with weldon around the ports and you should be ready for passivation and putting it together.

Looks good so far.

myoldyourgold
08-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Any blank space in the center or the sides is dead space and I would suggest to cover with weld-on. I would recommend going closer to the the side gasket and leaving not more than 1/2 inch in the middle. Even though the flow seems to direct the bubbles to the slot and away from hitting the top at the center piece the smaller it is the better as long as it is strong enough. On 18 gauge stainless 1/4 inch works fine but if you are using thinner material, then wider might be needed.

j1walters
08-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Here is my revised plate. Also, does the positive plate, which is in the very middle, suppose to have no holes or slots whatsoever. Is it supposed to be a divider in the cell separating into two separate sides?

Havens78
08-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Here is my revised plate. Also, does the positive plate, which is in the very middle, suppose to have no holes or slots whatsoever. Is it supposed to be a divider in the cell separating into two separate sides?

If you put an input and output on both sides of your unit you can run it in this manner, many have done this.

j1walters
08-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Does it work more efficiently in that manner?

j1walters
08-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Should I just have one slot straight across?

j1walters
08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Anyone? mentors? Someone school me plz.
:(

myoldyourgold
08-18-2012, 03:14 AM
The center brace on the slot across the top is for strength to prevent the plate from vibrating/bending and shorting out under certain conditions when using thin material. I suggest you stick with the center brace. When using 18 gauge or thicker the brace can be very small. Thinner material requires a larger brace.

j1walters
08-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Myoldyourgold, would you recommend the center plate(+) having no holes or slots. Havens answered this, but I wanted to know your take on this.

Thanks for answering my question. I really appreciate you guys helping everyone. I will try to return the favor when I get my doctorate in HHO.

myoldyourgold
08-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Heavens78's answer is correct. The larger reactor / higher the volume of HHO being produced makes gas flow an area that can limit or help the efficiency of the reactor. By having no holes in the center turns a single multiple stack reactor into a better gas flowing reactor. It is similar to two separate reactors. The less distance the bubbles have to travel to get out the better.

whear
08-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Hi,

I was wondering why are the input holes so far away ( 1.5'' ) from the bottom and side gasket ?