PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 to OBD1- HHO benefits?

sjrobinson
08-08-2012, 05:34 AM
So I decided to get a chipped ECU for my car. This means that I will have an OBD1 ECU for my car. Does that make using HHO any easier? Would some of the issues that come up with OBD2 not be with my car anymore? Like I dont need an EFIE?

D.O.G
08-08-2012, 01:21 PM
So I decided to get a chipped ECU for my car. This means that I will have an OBD1 ECU for my car. Does that make using HHO any easier? Would some of the issues that come up with OBD2 not be with my car anymore? Like I dont need an EFIE?

It's not which On Board Diagnostics protocol the car uses that makes tuning for HHO a pain.
If it's still looking for feedback from O2 sensors, you should still have the same problem.

Weapon_R
08-08-2012, 05:05 PM

Yes this solution will work perfectly provided that the car is tuned properly. This will allow total control of fuel and ignition. I am assuming that the car in question is a Honda correct?

sjrobinson
08-09-2012, 05:54 AM
haha, I like the second response better :P

yeah, its a 97 Accord. I was having issues with the ECU and getting HHO benefits. I've seen a little without any tweaking but thats because of my mods. Less back pressure causes the engine to run leaner. HHO offsets that. But I was hoping with an OBD1 ECU giving me a better fuel map for my mods I would be able to use my HHO system a lot easier. I tried an EFIE and MAP sensor enhancer and both of those ended in tragedy.