PDA

View Full Version : surgical grade stainless steel

byrd9790
06-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Im in possesion of surgical grade ss, is is made for prolonged exposure in the human body. I was hoping that some one could tell me the grade of this ss or had some exp with it. im assuming that it has to be very clean givin chemical complexites of the human body and our sensitivity to things as well.

byrd9790
06-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Implants and equipment that are put under pressure (bone fixation screws, prostheses, body piercing jewelry) are made out of austenitic steel, often 316L and 316LVM compliant to ASTM F138[3], because it is less brittle.

316 surgical steel is used in the manufacture and handling of food and pharmaceutical products where it is often required in order to minimize metallic contamination. ASTM F138[3]-compliant steel is also used in the manufacture of body piercing jewellery[4] and body modification implants.
So is there any benifits to this type of ss related to HHO?

RustyLugNut
06-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Implants and equipment that are put under pressure (bone fixation screws, prostheses, body piercing jewelry) are made out of austenitic steel, often 316L and 316LVM compliant to ASTM F138[3], because it is less brittle.

316 surgical steel is used in the manufacture and handling of food and pharmaceutical products where it is often required in order to minimize metallic contamination. ASTM F138[3]-compliant steel is also used in the manufacture of body piercing jewellery[4] and body modification implants.
So is there any benifits to this type of ss related to HHO?

I use a lot of stainless steel in my everyday work since a large portion of it is bio-medical related.

I have used 303, 304 and 308 grades. I have used 316L. It doesn't seem to matter what I use. I get the same production. Just passivate the steel and go. Keep to the half an amp per inch rule of thumb, and you won't get plating action going to any significant degree. But then again, even though I have an HHO generator that has been running during most work days supplying gas for another device for almost 15 years, it is far different than the HHO devices populating this forum. Most builders strive for low temperature and vacuum. I design and build mine just the opposite. And my power control circuit has a lot to do with it.

If you have SS and it is free, go for it. The price is right.

Madsceintist
06-29-2012, 01:43 PM
I use a lot of stainless steel in my everyday work since a large portion of it is bio-medical related.

I have used 303, 304 and 308 grades. I have used 316L. It doesn't seem to matter what I use. I get the same production. Just passivate the steel and go. Keep to the half an amp per inch rule of thumb, and you won't get plating action going to any significant degree. But then again, even though I have an HHO generator that has been running during most work days supplying gas for another device for almost 15 years, it is far different than the HHO devices populating this forum. Most builders strive for low temperature and vacuum. I design and build mine just the opposite. And my power control circuit has a lot to do with it.

If you have SS and it is free, go for it. The price is right.

Pollution is what what were getting rid of, or so attempting. So what is this devise that you use that's the same yet so different. I'm not truly interested but I 'm sure readers here are! Do you have pictures or diagrams.

RustyLugNut
06-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Pollution is what what were getting rid of, or so attempting. So what is this devise that you use that's the same yet so different. I'm not truly interested but I 'm sure readers here are! Do you have pictures or diagrams.

But you have to deliver your own to see it.

You have been asked numerous times. So, let's see them. Once you produce original photographs, diagrams and descriptions, then I will reveal mine. And don't just pull photos off of the net from some Stanley Meyer site. It can be detected where pictures have been posted previously.

Come on, show your stuff. Just like poker. You have to pay to play. But, I don't think I'll have to show anything on your account. There are so many "mentors" on this forum that do nothing but talk. You are one of them.

RustyLugNut
06-30-2012, 01:56 PM
But you have to deliver your own to see it.

You have been asked numerous times. So, let's see them. Once you produce original photographs, diagrams and descriptions, then I will reveal mine. And don't just pull photos off of the net from some Stanley Meyer site. It can be detected where pictures have been posted previously.

Come on, show your stuff. Just like poker. You have to pay to play. But, I don't think I'll have to show anything on your account. There are so many "mentors" on this forum that do nothing but talk. You are one of them.

Ok, MadS, let's call a truce. I'll take some pictures of some of the stuff in the store room and do a new thread on my system and how and why I differ from many of the HHO generators on here. I can't show the Lab device it is supplying gas with, but it really is nothing more than a biological experiment that needed a constant elevated Oxygen content. A semi - permeable membrane extracts most of the oxygen, with most of the hydrogen being pushed through the membrane and vented to outside air. Yeah, the HHO generator was built for the oxy content! Ha! I'll re-post somewhere else. But, it is designed for pressure to facilitate flow through the separation membrane. It is much cheaper than bottled gas, and can provide greater oxygen flow than oxygen concentrators.

Back to the stainless steel question.

Byrd:

What is the physical configuration of your stainless? Plate, bar or rod?

myoldyourgold
06-30-2012, 02:36 PM
I would be interested in your membrane and the cost per square inch.

RustyLugNut
07-01-2012, 01:32 AM
I would be interested in your membrane and the cost per square inch.

The membrane is enclosed in a stainless cylindrical container.

byrd9790
07-01-2012, 04:59 PM
i have it in several ways there is rod, and blocks its is the highest surgical grade the other ss is in two different screen types 1 micron filter and the other very coarse (corase is is 316l but may not be surgical but food grade) my thoughts on the 1 micron screen was to us it packed in a long pvc tube as a pre dryer before using a standard rice type dryer. The block is not formed yet was going to have it cut/sliced into in to plates, and the rod is solid so im noy sure i have a use or any ideas for it yet. I have a freind and his father owns a company the make replacement limbs and bones and such it was given to me so i would like to do some thinking before i hack it up.

RustyLugNut
07-03-2012, 12:48 PM
i have it in several ways there is rod, and blocks its is the highest surgical grade the other ss is in two different screen types 1 micron filter and the other very coarse (corase is is 316l but may not be surgical but food grade) my thoughts on the 1 micron screen was to us it packed in a long pvc tube as a pre dryer before using a standard rice type dryer. The block is not formed yet was going to have it cut/sliced into in to plates, and the rod is solid so im noy sure i have a use or any ideas for it yet. I have a freind and his father owns a company the make replacement limbs and bones and such it was given to me so i would like to do some thinking before i hack it up.

Well, all those bits could be useful. But, it might be more efficient of time and money to just purchase proper plates and go from there. A forum member has a very good deal on 316L plates fabricated to your specs. That might be the better path as far as building of your HHO generator.

RustyLugNut
07-03-2012, 12:58 PM
The membrane is enclosed in a stainless cylindrical container.

I got a hold of the tech who is servicing the lab. It looks like the stainless cylinder houses a zeolite tube within a tube. It is supposed to pass the H2 five times faster than O2 concentrating the O2. Note that it doesn't purify the gasses. The vented H2 contains some small amount of O2, and the concentrated O2 has a small amount of H2.

He did not know cost or source of the filter tube material.