http://youtu.be/Vzbaj0jkq5M

:D

BioFarmer93
06-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Have a look any comments , let me now, jim

http://youtu.be/Vzbaj0jkq5M

:D

Jim,
Good to see your continued progress- I realized a moment ago that I owed you a response to a previous post and had completely forgot to do it (getting distracted a bit more easily in my dotage) -apologies... Have you experimented a bit to determine the necessary oversize on the stainless steel discs that will support the rice? A short piece of open ended tube and a pair of tough scissors wins the day here.. Brilliant idea to use the cooking strainer mesh for that- it would not have occurred to me! So what gasket thickness did you decide on? You can still use the old gaskets tripled on each end between plastic and metal plate to provide a bit of reservoir- this has been shown to help with cooling and was actually tested and verified by two of our own members. I'm including a photo of my "mist filter" which knocks down any micro droplets so your desiccant doesn't have to work as hard and lasts longer. I used the "spring mesh" method as you are with some 5 micron poly filter cloth over it. You could do this in the top third or half of your empty overflow tube that you showed in the video. You may want to use just a tiny bit of non-drying plumbers putty on the screwed on end threads of the filters so you can get them apart at some point to replace the rice, er, I mean desiccant. Good work- keep it up!

Jamesleaper
07-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Jim,
Good to see your continued progress- I realized a moment ago that I owed you a response to a previous post and had completely forgot to do it (getting distracted a bit more easily in my dotage) -apologies... Have you experimented a bit to determine the necessary oversize on the stainless steel discs that will support the rice? A short piece of open ended tube and a pair of tough scissors wins the day here.. Brilliant idea to use the cooking strainer mesh for that- it would not have occurred to me! So what gasket thickness did you decide on? You can still use the old gaskets tripled on each end between plastic and metal plate to provide a bit of reservoir- this has been shown to help with cooling and was actually tested and verified by two of our own members. I'm including a photo of my "mist filter" which knocks down any micro droplets so your desiccant doesn't have to work as hard and lasts longer. I used the "spring mesh" method as you are with some 5 micron poly filter cloth over it. You could do this in the top third or half of your empty overflow tube that you showed in the video. You may want to use just a tiny bit of non-drying plumbers putty on the screwed on end threads of the filters so you can get them apart at some point to replace the rice, er, I mean desiccant. Good work- keep it up!

just wondered, how often do you change the rice?

BioFarmer93
07-01-2012, 10:16 PM
just wondered, how often do you change the rice?

Why, when it's tender of course!;):D