PDA

View Full Version : Damage to Cars

sjrobinson
06-15-2012, 03:53 PM
So I probably should've asked this from the beginning. What concerns should I have when altering my cars sensors for HHO? I put in a potentiometer to alter the MAP but it has not done anything as far as my engines fuel air ratio. So I will be putting in an EFIE. I know leaning out the engine can be dangerous if there is no HHO.
How do I make sure that I'm not going to damage my engine? say I'm on the highway doing 75 and before I know it, my exhaust valves are warped from the heat.
And how should I go about setting up the EFIE- I have a typical one for my car. It will attach to both the upstream and downstream O2 sensors (2 narrow band).
What kind of wire is recommended? How can I be sure that the wires wont be damaged since the sensors are under the car?
And what if I have issues with my cell and I cannot run it while I'm driving. Is there a set up I can make that will allow me to return my car back to its normal functions?

I know I've been asking questions that may seem repetitive but I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this so that I don't break my car.

D.O.G
06-16-2012, 07:45 AM
So I probably should've asked this from the beginning. What concerns should I have when altering my cars sensors for HHO? I put in a potentiometer to alter the MAP but it has not done anything as far as my engines fuel air ratio. So I will be putting in an EFIE. I know leaning out the engine can be dangerous if there is no HHO.
How do I make sure that I'm not going to damage my engine? say I'm on the highway doing 75 and before I know it, my exhaust valves are warped from the heat.
And how should I go about setting up the EFIE- I have a typical one for my car. It will attach to both the upstream and downstream O2 sensors (2 narrow band).
What kind of wire is recommended? How can I be sure that the wires wont be damaged since the sensors are under the car?
And what if I have issues with my cell and I cannot run it while I'm driving. Is there a set up I can make that will allow me to return my car back to its normal functions?

I know I've been asking questions that may seem repetitive but I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this so that I don't break my car.

The advantage of electronic fuel injection over a carburettor, is that any alterations that would have to be permanent for a carburettor, can be disabled .. by the flick of a switch.:cool:

Why splice into wires under the car anyway? They all run back to the ECU. ;)

sampojo
06-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Some say the engine runs cooler when more complete combustion is achieved, maybe using less fuel? Some say at higher throttle, if the engine is running lean your valves will melt. Here is a link to the PJ Kelly site with a great article:

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/D17.pdf

sjrobinson
06-17-2012, 08:34 PM
The link doesnt work. And all I've read is that running too lean causes the valves to overheat.

Anyone have experience with EFIEs?