PDA

View Full Version : http://hhohuntsville.com/

BoyntonStu
08-05-2008, 09:41 AM
From email sent to me from another forum:

BoyntonStu

http://hhohuntsville.com/

it has a forum you can sign into and supposed to have a live chat
every sat at 8 cst though i do like the way he set up the diy section.

Though he also has a point about no glass in the engine compartment
you never know when a rock will get kicked in there. i know i have
found rocks lodged in some odd areas just popping the hood to check
fluid levels.

AND i especially liked it when i found this on one of thier topic Q&A:

This is the second most question I hear: How much HHO is needed to
run your engine on 100% HHO...
This is a little easier question to answer believe it or not, because
there has been a formula created to give you a really good starting
point...

To see how much hho is needed to power an engine, consider a 1000cc
engine running at 1000rpm and calculate what volume is likely to be
required...

To determine a possible ball-park figure, the 1000cc (1000cc = 1-
Liter) engine capacity is drawn into the engine when two revolutions
are completed...

So, 1000cc's or 1-Liter will be taken in 500 times per minute...
That's exactly 500LPM...

But, only 1% of that volume needs to be hho gas and the remaining 99%
can be air...

So, the amount of hho gas needed per minute is 500 Liters divided by
100 which is 5 LPM of HHO...

Note:
This figure does not take into account the increased fuel needed for
loaded engine conditions, low-efficiency engines, and a host of other
practical issues, so it would be wise to assume some much larger flow
rate - say 4 times that amount for a heavily loaded, low-efficiency
engine, under poor conditions or - 20 LPM...

Most automotive experts say that an engine running at speed, only
succeeds in replacing 85% of the cylinder contents...

If this is correct, then only 85% of that 20 LPM will be needed to
run a 1000cc engine at 1000 RPM's... That works out to 17- LPM...

Remember this amount will have to be added for every 1000 rpm
increase...

EXAMPLE:
You want to run your home emergency generator on hho only...
Your generator has a 16hp B/S engine that is governed at an operating
RPM of 3600
FORMULA:
A 16hp B/S engine has an intake volume of - 480cc's...
480cc's running at 3600rpm's = 1,728,000cc's or 1728 - LPM, divided
that by two = 864LPM...
Now that we've found the volume needed lets see how much hho will be
needed to run this engine on hho only...

864-lpm divided by 100 (1% hydroxy - 99% air) will give us our hho
needs, this works out to - 8.64-LPM

8.64 - LPM will most likely run this engine, however, engine load and
other circumstances may require this figure to be adjusted by up to
four times this amount...

dennis13030
08-05-2008, 09:52 AM
...But, only 1% of that volume needs to be hho gas and the remaining 99%
can be air...

I want to verify this ratio of HHO to air. Where does this figure come from? How was this figure determined?

Smith03Jetta
08-05-2008, 10:12 AM
GOD must have told him...

Since nobody has successfully made an INTERNAL COMBUSTION engine run Efficiently/Effectively on HHO alone and lived long enough to shown others how, it's all theory unless GOD or Aliens revealed it to him.

I'm following the INTERNAL IMPLOSION ENGINE model as the way to go. I've got a three cylinder 650 cc Kawasaki Motorcycle engine to play with if I eventually decide to try this out.

The numbers should not be given any credence anyway because everything that I've seen or read about running a piston engine on HHO requires re working the CAMS to run 1:1 ratio with the crank shaft. Spark Plugs fire on every rotation at 10 degrees Bottom Dead Center and the resulting IMPLOSION from the HHO turning back to water PULLS the piston back up toward the spark plug. Since the engine fires on every stroke instead of every other stroke, you can get by with only Half as much HHO per cycle and get the same power results. This is the true source of engine power.

There is no Compression Stoke in this Theoretical Design.

Intake, Fire, Decompression, Exhaust... Repeat.

There is also no need for an air intake. :confused::D:eek: Pure HHO should be used in my theory. The intake stroke of the piston will create a tremendous vacuum that will aid HHO Production.

BoyntonStu
08-05-2008, 08:00 PM
I want to verify this ratio of HHO to air. Where does this figure come from? How was this figure determined?

Suggest you write the reference and ask.

I posted the information to highlight their work.

Boyntonstu

BoyntonStu
08-05-2008, 10:02 PM
GOD must have told him...

Since nobody has successfully made an INTERNAL COMBUSTION engine run Efficiently/Effectively on HHO alone and lived long enough to shown others how, it's all theory unless GOD or Aliens revealed it to him.

I'm following the INTERNAL IMPLOSION ENGINE model as the way to go. I've got a three cylinder 650 cc Kawasaki Motorcycle engine to play with if I eventually decide to try this out.

The numbers should not be given any credence anyway because everything that I've seen or read about running a piston engine on HHO requires re working the CAMS to run 1:1 ratio with the crank shaft. Spark Plugs fire on every rotation at 10 degrees Bottom Dead Center and the resulting IMPLOSION from the HHO turning back to water PULLS the piston back up toward the spark plug. Since the engine fires on every stroke instead of every other stroke, you can get by with only Half as much HHO per cycle and get the same power results. This is the true source of engine power.

There is no Compression Stoke in this Theoretical Design.

Intake, Fire, Decompression, Exhaust... Repeat.

There is also no need for an air intake. :confused::D:eek: Pure HHO should be used in my theory. The intake stroke of the piston will create a tremendous vacuum that will aid HHO Production.

Implosion vs explosion.

Assume that your implosion theory was correct (I don't agree).

Your cycling is at BDC and there is an instant perfect vacuum created.

You have 0 pounds/sq inches abs vs 14.7 lb/sq-in atmosphere.

In an ICE with a 10:1 compression ratio you have 147 lb/sq-in force BEFORE explosion when it gets much higher.

There is no comparison of the forces involved.

Vacuum = weak.

BoyntonStu

Smith03Jetta
08-06-2008, 01:06 PM
The theory does not rely completely on the vacuum. It also relies on the rapid expansion immediately before Bottom Dead Center to give it a powerful nudge before going into the vacuum part of the ignition cycle. What you basicly do is substitute the normal 4 cycle friction for vacuum assisted piston return to TDC.

Everybody knows that this is me speaking with no experience whatsoever on the subject. In order to go as far as tearing down an IC and remachining it into a 2 cycle implosion engine I need to do some serious thinking, research and planning before actually building something.

This HHO fuel enhancement stuff is easy, however. It requires relatively little thought. Like NIKE says, Just do it.

BoyntonStu
08-06-2008, 01:56 PM
The theory does not rely completely on the vacuum. It also relies on the rapid expansion immediately before Bottom Dead Center to give it a powerful nudge before going into the vacuum part of the ignition cycle. What you basicly do is substitute the normal 4 cycle friction for vacuum assisted piston return to TDC.

Everybody knows that this is me speaking with no experience whatsoever on the subject. In order to go as far as tearing down an IC and remachining it into a 2 cycle implosion engine I need to do some serious thinking, research and planning before actually building something.

This HHO fuel enhancement stuff is easy, however. It requires relatively little thought. Like NIKE says, Just do it.

Experiment, but remember, any vacuum implosion is weak in comparison to any fuel explosion.

Good luck!

BoyntonStu

P.S. I never build anything that I haven't already built in my mind.

This includes a 5,200 sq ft house that I designed and which I lived in.