PDA

View Full Version : query

vladtod
05-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Hi, so did his dream of 316L box, but I have a query. The experiment was done with 13 plates were connected by -|||||+|||||- distance 4.8 mm output 2.1 liters against 23A, but once I found the book of Yul decided to try to distance namely 9 mm plates connected by 7 -|||||+ production was 2 liters against 21 A. The question is whether my cell is more plates and less distance and fewer plates and more distance, provided that production is same for the same load, but do not know if the gas quality is not changed.

myoldyourgold
05-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Can you please give me more details. 13 plates -nnnnn+nnnnn- and then 7 plates -nnnnn+. Is this how your set ups were? I am also assuming you had to change the electrolyte concentration when increasing the gap. What electrolyte are you using? Also what concentration for each test? What voltage was the tests run at? It should make the same amount of gas because the amps are the same. The problem is that with out knowing the active area (size) of your plates I can not calculate the amps per square inch. You might be over driving the 7 plate reactor. The only difference is going to be the 13 plate reactor will be able to make more gas because it can be run at higher amps. Having two stacks will split amps by 2 so for the same size plates one can run twice as much amps without over amping the plates. The distance between the plates needs to be compared with the same number of plates to determine which is more efficient.

aceras624
05-12-2012, 06:20 PM
hmmm I always wondered what stops someone from using 10 nuetrals. And why such large gapping?

vladtod
05-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Мy mistake 13 plates -nnnnn+nnnnn- and then 7 plates -nnnnn+
The cell size is 16/20 working area, the concentration of electrolyte in the first test is about 15% and the second about 25% above below to get around 20A and 2 liters of gas. I use KOH
This is not understood

The distance between the plates needs to be compared with the same number of plates to determine which is more efficient.
My engine is 1.8 liters, how much gas will be needed for any economy, provided that an ordinary drive with LPG gas system.

xhdskip
05-17-2012, 03:21 PM
truth be told,
I want to build a HHO dry cell for my bike.
It's a low compression engine, 2300cc's.
Compression is 8.7:1
Think I have the logistics worked out on placement of bubbler, flash arrestor,
reservoir and lines, just need to know the specifics for best production.
Such as, number of SS plates for starters,
how much HHO I need to produce per minute
to see an advantage to straight gasoline, etc..
I've already modified my EFI so modifying it more ain't really a problem.
Just want a dry cell as it's cleaner and seems safer.
Just wanting to see if it's doable and worthwhile.
Thanks for any help.
skip