PDA

View Full Version : efie,map/maf,

dswareagle
05-11-2012, 01:39 AM
so whats the deal with some people getting gains without minipulating the computer via map/maf and efie's?

whear
05-11-2012, 02:07 AM
No gains for you without electronics ?

dswareagle
05-11-2012, 02:35 AM
well actually i dont know yet i havent piped into the air intake yet(later today i will) and do some testing hopefully later tonight but i was just curious considering i saw quebecker said he saw good gains in his civic with .3 lpm and no efei so i was hoping that i can use my cell at 14 amps making right at a liter per minute on my 4.3L motor

Quebecker
05-11-2012, 08:22 AM
well actually i dont know yet i havent piped into the air intake yet(later today i will) and do some testing hopefully later tonight but i was just curious considering i saw quebecker said he saw good gains in his civic with .3 lpm and no efei so i was hoping that i can use my cell at 14 amps making right at a liter per minute on my 4.3L motor

I get good gains but I have to reset the ECU weekly
The ECU adapts and compensates for long-term
I recommend using an EFIE for betters gains and not having to reset the ECU regularly

BUELLX1
05-11-2012, 12:20 PM
I also saw gains when I first installed my generator, nd before the EFIE but as stated erlier..a couple of days of driving and gains where gone.

dswareagle
05-11-2012, 11:26 PM
I get good gains but I have to reset the ECU weekly
The ECU adapts and compensates for long-term
I recommend using an EFIE for betters gains and not having to reset the ECU regularly

so how do u reset the ecu?

aceras624
05-12-2012, 12:29 AM
there are 2 ways to use HHO
1. in somewhat lower levels as an addative to gasoline to improve combustion 10-50%
2. In higher levels to replace some of the fuel usually burned in combustion. Thats where electronics come into play to LIE to the comp about what its seeing :)

whear
05-12-2012, 02:32 AM
I think you can reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes.

dswareagle
05-12-2012, 08:46 AM
awesome thanks for the help im going mileage testing in this take so hopefully will see some positive resutls

daffodil1003
05-14-2012, 04:55 AM
so whats the deal with some people getting gains without minipulating the computer via map/maf and efie's?

I don't understand question

aceras624
05-14-2012, 11:48 AM
I don't understand question

some people add HHO to make combustion better WITHOUT using more HHO and electronics to trick the cars computer into thinking its usung too much gas so it leans out and uses HHO instead of some gas

ultra_efficient
05-21-2012, 11:59 PM
i can only suggest you use a AFC to re-tune your car, i have done this from 2008. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cujp4-KXtkM

do some research about Apexi AFC Neo, VAFC I/II, SAFC I/II. my choice is the VAFC2 as i can run a primary and secondary series of cells, eg. 4 cells from 500RPM to 3000RPM then all 6 or 8 cells from 3000RPM to redline using the VTec in and out to control the secondary cells.

other than that i just use the VAFC1 if im not running two different series of cells
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SvyFREXNAw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Ebx4Uc8qU

getting gains from HHO is all about efficiency and proper tuning, get the HHO without the excess current draw then use the HHO the best way you can, port as close as possible to the intake valves as you possibly can then lean back to where the EGT doesn't get too hot.

BTW the Yukon V8 5.7L is now getting 44city and 63highway, Saturn 51city and 67highway, all with T.E.G systems installed.

keep on researching everybody