PDA

View Full Version : EFIE explanation

sjrobinson
05-02-2012, 03:57 PM
So I've been asking this question around but have never gotten it directly answered. I understand to make the systems work you must lean out the engine. This can be damaging if there is no HHO in the system. In theory you can save on gas by using these devices alone. So my question is:
Once I lean out the engine (using an O2 EFIE and MAP sensor enhancer) how do I know the point where I am saving gas without harming my engine? How do I know how much HHO production I need in proportion to the amount I'm leaning out- the amount I turn the MAP enhancer and EFIE.

whear
05-03-2012, 03:56 AM
If I were you, I'd use a gauge to check the exhaust temperature, while playing with the EFIE and LPM.

I would decrease the fuel ratio by 10-15%, while injecting 1/2 of engine displacement of HHO in LPM.

Did you find out what's your LPM and Amperage at the moment ?

sjrobinson
05-03-2012, 12:24 PM
I have yet to measure the LPMs. I will do that.

when you say "I would decrease the fuel ratio by 10-15%, while injecting 1/2 of engine displacement of HHO in LPM."

Do you mean that since my car is a 2.2 liter I would put in 1.1LPM of HHO?
And decreasing the fuel ratio- how would I do that with the EFIE? I know I have to turn the potentiometers but there is no say on how much I am decreasing it other than a change in RPMs or power.

whear
05-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah, for a 2.2L engine, you can try injecting 1LPM.

I have no idea how much you have to turn the knob to decrease fuel by 10%.

I suppose it's different from EFIE to EFIE. Did yours come with some instructions ?

Did you google for any instructions ? Or ask the seller.

sjrobinson
05-03-2012, 01:31 PM
I will ask the seller but the instructions just say to turn it to the point where there is no loss in power yet the fuel ratio has been decreased. Im not too keen on the idea of doing it by trial and error like that cuz of varying circumstances I cant tell to well if Ive lost power unless its significant.

whear
05-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Well, you're pretty much left with no choice other than trial and error.

But if you constantly check the exhaust temperature and not let it go up by more than a few degrees Celsius, you shouldn't fail. Unless the gauge is inaccurate. lol

Only an experienced tuner can tell you by how much you can increase the temperature without any damage. And at what point in the exhaust system you should check the temperature.

I hope you'll get some more precise feedback.

Cheers.

sjrobinson
05-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Ok, I will keep track of the exhuast temp. What about the coolant temp? I can monitor that with my ultra-gauge. Would I have to get a temp sensor for the exhaust and where would I put it? Or is there another reading I could get from the scan gauge?