PDA

View Full Version : Need Help for HHO Power Supply

meingkar
08-05-2008, 02:07 AM
Dear All,
I've built HHO generator with SS Plate +nnn-nnn+ using Power source an DC Adaptor 12 Volt, 10 A but the problem was when turn it on the bride diode get hot and then broke down.I measured the flow current was 7.4 A with KOH as electrolite. Could somebody expert here give any sugestion how to build an 12 VDC power supply which can be used as a power source for HHO Generator ?
Thankyou in advance.

LinChiek
08-05-2008, 02:19 AM
Dear All,
I've built HHO generator with SS Plate +nnn-nnn+ using Power source an DC Adaptor 12 Volt, 10 A but the problem was when turn it on the bride diode get hot and then broke down.I measured the flow current was 7.4 A with KOH as electrolite. Could somebody expert here give any sugestion how to build an 12 VDC power supply which can be used as a power source for HHO Generator ?
Thankyou in advance.
i'm no expert here.... but hope this info will be some help...

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=5712&highlight=supply

Q-Hack!
08-05-2008, 02:22 AM
I use a 12V deep cycle battery sometimes called a marine battery and a Booster/Charger designed to jump start your car. Using this combo I am able to test for several hours continuous.

daveinsingapore
08-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Dear All,
Thankyou in advance.

just use a spare car battery, or even a small one out of a motor bike or cycle, I would not rely on a battery charger, they are so low powered. You need a good 10 am minimum to test with as the cells often will draw from 5 to 20 amps in a matter of a test period. save yourself the effort of trying to build a power supply and just use what you can get easily, or else go set up your test bench by your car and use the car battery as it sits...after all that is where your generator is going to be powered from...

LinChiek
08-05-2008, 02:32 AM
just use a spare car battery, or even a small one out of a motor bike or cycle, I would not rely on a battery charger, they are so low powered. You need a good 10 am minimum to test with as the cells often will draw from 5 to 20 amps in a matter of a test period. save yourself the effort of trying to build a power supply and just use what you can get easily, or else go set up your test bench by your car and use the car battery as it sits...after all that is where your generator is going to be powered from...
i am testing my generator using a power supply cannibalized from my old PC... :p