PDA

View Full Version : ** Hi all!. Dry Cell on Carb 1.5L, POOR RESULTS!... Help!!!!! **

Gatech
04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi to all.
I'm Gatech, from Colombia.

This is my reactor:

It's a 12 plate 316L:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Gatech/IMG_3165Copiar.jpg

I have a Fiat 125 76", Carburetted 1500c.c. Engine is recently repaired (and working so well).

I also have a PWM for the HHO reactor.

Some things I have to say:

- On my car, when I'm not accelerating, Amps drop down (when Cell is cold), when it's "hot", Amps are more constant.
- When lights are on, they usually lower a little.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Gatech/Imagen0343.jpg

I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH HHO IS PRODUCED, but I tested by the end tube on water, and it makes a lot of burbles.

After that, I put the end tube over the Carburettor, like 2-3cm over it, pointing to the "mouths" (venturys called here):

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Gatech/IMG_3167Copiar.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Gatech/Imagen0347.jpg

Base line: 25Km/gal - 15.54MPG.

- First test:
I tried with a lot. 10A when accelerating. But after 1 hour, it got upto 10.5A - 11A accelerating. Not accelerating, like 8A-9A.
Results: NEGATIVE. 12% LESS : ( 13.79MPG. (A lot of HHO)

- Second Test:
I tried with 9A at MOST when accelerating, and "hot". I drove on highway, with no traffic (sunday), and I got 22.14MPG. Highway Baseline: APROX 18.6MPG. I won approx 18% - 22% : ) .

- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th test: 25%, 40%, 50% and 60%. CHECK ABOVE POSTS!

- I didn't feel more HP when trying the first time HHO on. If it got more HP, could be like 5% more, so I didn't feel it : (.

Regards.

myoldyourgold
04-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Try running it at 5 amps when hot. I think on that vehicle more is less unless you totally rejet the carb and then you would not be able to drive without HHO. You might try retarding timing a couple degrees. The reactor is not the most efficient so do not expect huge gains. It will not happen.

Gatech
04-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Thanks myoldyourgold!

But, why isn't the reactor the most efficient?. I talk with the designer / seller, so I can tell him to improve it!.

If I rejet the carb is changing low and high fuel jets for lower?. I can do it. But the worst thing is that I didn't feel more HP with HHO on... :S

I'll try everything you tell me.

Regards.

myoldyourgold
04-26-2012, 01:43 PM
You will not because that reactor is taking to many amps to make any volume of gas. I really do not recommend changing the jets with that reactor. The best you will be able to do is find out the spot that you get the best gain. You might never feel any additional power. Start with 5 amps and work up.

Gatech
04-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Ohhh :( thanks.

I though it was a great reactor!. But ok. Can you show me any photo of a very good reactor?.

Regards.

aceras624
04-26-2012, 09:54 PM
you may also want to replace your battery. The fact that the voltage changes so much seems to be indicative of an overworking altenator due to a poor battery which will consume energy. You can have your battery checked or just replace it and measure the consistancy of things.

Gatech
04-26-2012, 10:21 PM
hehe aceras, my battery is new :P

My mechanic says that is common on this kind of cars the problem of the Amps changes. When car and cell are hot, it became to be more constant, so is not a big problem for now...

Stevo
04-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Sounds like your alternator is barely capable of keeping up with your OEM power demands, not to mention the extra 10 A you are trying to squeeze out. Have you considered your alternator rating? You might squeeze that 10A out, but you may be overdriving the car's electrical system.

aceras624
04-29-2012, 01:22 PM
hehe aceras, my battery is new :P

My mechanic says that is common on this kind of cars the problem of the Amps changes. When car and cell are hot, it became to be more constant, so is not a big problem for now...

I also mentioned the altenator. Any concerns there? or this that new too? :)

Gatech
04-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Hahah no, that's ooooooooooooooold, and NEVER checked. Hehe, I'll look for someone for check it.

jawbraeka
04-30-2012, 12:43 AM
i would retune the fuel at 2,500RPM's as this is where the most benefit would be seen..

Maybe also remove the system, buy a power supply and tinker with the system before reinstalling it so you can play with it, find the maximum output without damaging your car, and also allows you to think if a new battery or alternator should be put into the car at all.

aceras624
04-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Hahah no, that's ooooooooooooooold, and NEVER checked. Hehe, I'll look for someone for check it.

get on that! :) seem like your altenator might not be able to keep up with the drain

Gatech
05-01-2012, 11:52 PM
For now (without checking alternator yet):

I got this time APROX 25% :D, but was 50% city, 50% highway.

I'll try to lean more my carburettor (it's running very well now) and check my alternator. When lights are on, and cell is hot, or cold, it drops upto 4Amps. Example: not accelerating: 3.5A. accelerating: 7.5A.

More suggestions?

Regards.

Stevo
05-02-2012, 12:36 AM
What is your voltage at idle? What should it be? Answering these questions should tell you whether the alternator is at fault. I still think it is. Grab a voltmeter. 25% gain is nothing to laugh at especially if it runs good.

Gatech
05-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Hey!. I checked the Alternator, was ok, but not perfect. The Amps are similar to before, but a little better.

But...... I got... 40% :D
(with max 6.5A)

Emissions aren't good, they are really bad, when I checked it was CO ~6.5 and HC ~700 with HHO activated. There's something wrong on the Timer and the HC are not constant (they jump a lot working in ralenti, ex 620 650 700 750 730 680 620 580 550 580 600), the car is not working perfect, so I'll try to buy an Electronic Timer.

Without HHO: ~700
With HHO: ~620 (is not as good the difference).

What do you think about this?

Gatech
05-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I leaned a LOT more the Carburettor:
The external jets, lower, the main jet, lower.

Car began to run without power, specially cold (it's really lean). When it's hot, it begin to run better. (It's only a test).

Yesterday, in Highway, I got ~50%, Not exactly, but possibly more :D

Same Amps: Max 6.5HOT. But emissions still are bad, really bad, HC over 650 :S and NOT constant. I'll buy an Electronic Timer to try to fix it.

Next test, same Amps, same Jets (looking for results on city).

PD: Tengo un Foro en ESPAÑOL, tiene de todo, para los que les pueda interesar, estamos creciendo, con mucha información:
http://hidrogenohho.foroactivo.com.mx/

Regards. :D

Gatech
07-31-2012, 07:34 PM
July 2012:

I have worked a lot on my car. We have fixed plugs, timming, valves spaces, carbed a lot and now my car is HARDER than ever. It's really powerful and now I have results:

City: ~24MPG.
HW: upto 31.4MPG.

I have ~55% increase. Upto 65% on HW.

It's really cool!.

Regards!.

Madsceintist
07-31-2012, 10:49 PM
That's cool, I had a '68 and a '72 Fiat 124 Sport Spider. It's been a long time since though.
Good luck