PDA

View Full Version : map/maf, efie, ecu reset questions

dswareagle
04-17-2012, 07:34 PM
so im seeing conflicting reports on the effectiveness of map/maf sensor enhancers mostly that they do not seem to be effective in fooling the computer. also seeing things about o2 spacers and that they are more convenient to operate. and also about just reseting your ecu every one or two tanks of gas.

so whats the deal

do i need map/maf enhancers and o2 sensor enhancers aswell?

if so how do i use both together ? i dont want to spend 3 months trying to dial my system in.

i will be installing 2 stack of 13 plates 3x7( i know the size is odd, i got a good deal on plates) on a 1999 astro van v6

i will have a 30amp pwm with digital display
and all my devices in a box near my steering wheel

so guys give me some lay mans insight into what exactly i need to make this whole thing work

BUELLX1
04-17-2012, 10:45 PM
I am a newbie myself so someone with more experience may chime in. From my own experience, I started out with just the generator (knowing that I would be doing other mods) and gained a couple mpg's just to loose them again after the computer realized what was happening. After much research and trial and error, I came to realize that everything must work together for any system to work properly..ie..CTS, MAP/MAF, IAT and O2 sensors. If all of the sensors are not in agreement, minnimal gains can be expected. I now have done all of these mods including an EFIE and have gained 5mpg on my 02 Jeep Liberty 3.7 4x4. Not bad..but not great. After installing the EFIE, I saw my biggest gains, Still tuning to get more gains.
As far as the 02extenders, I have not used them so I can't comment.
I would say to do the mods..they are not expensive...just takes a little time. The EFIE, if you choose to go that route, will be the biggest investment. You can try the extenders..they may work for you. I have heard that they tend to cause check engine lights which is why I chose the EFIE and you can tune the EFIE. So far I have no engine lights...so I'm happy:D

dswareagle
04-17-2012, 10:49 PM
well i dont want CEL which equals closed loop which equals rich