PDA

View Full Version : How do I continue to improve MPGs?

sjrobinson
04-17-2012, 02:10 AM
So I have it all up and running, but it seems theres a magic number of amps that gives efficiency. Cranking the amps up has not seemed to make a difference so far. What are some strategies for fine tuning the system? What steps should I take to improve the system?

myoldyourgold
04-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Just remember that for every 20 amps, you use aproximately 1 HP. This varies but is a rule of thumb that is close more often than not. Engines with higher torque at lower rpm do better than engines with their torque made at higher rpm. So there is a ratio between the drain on the engine and the amount of HHO to fuel where the maximum gain is obtained. When using an EFIE you can change the fuel slightly but you might need to either reduce or increase the HHO to hit the sweet spot. This also depends on your average driving. By that I mean is it all stop and go or is it some cruising and some stop and go because if it is all stop and go and very short runs it is harder to get larger gains and most likely impossible. If it is all stop and go you need to inject very little HHO and might not need an EFIE at all but do not expect to get huge savings. For longer runs at cruising speeds you can use more HHO and leaner mixtures using an EFIE to a larger advantage. This of course is all limited by other sensors if you are just adjusting the 02 sensors and still results is not the highest gains possible. All the sensors must be tuned to get the best results.

sjrobinson
04-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Im using a Volo chip as far as the electrical. I don't like it because I don't have any control like I would with an EFIE. I chose the Volo chip cuz someone suggested it for my car specifically but I'm not sure if it adapts to my driving conditions fast enough to make the system effective. On the highway it does very well. Should I stick with the chip or put an EFIE and MAF sensor enhancer in my car?