PDA

View Full Version : What do I do now?

sjrobinson
04-14-2012, 10:38 AM
So I have the HHO dry cell system set up in my car. I have it leading to the air intake above where the PCV valve is. I have a volo chip installed as well and all my electronics- PWM, Ammeter, switches- are in a box in my car. How do I get the fuel benefits? I already did some lengthy runs and am getting the same MPGs but I do know my car does sense the HHO in the system.

Is there an issue with the Volo chip? I don't really like it but I'm kinda lost since almost no one has information on Hondas with HHO and absolutely no one seems to know anything about the 5th gen accords with HHO. All I know is apparently they're picky with this stuff.

Madsceintist
04-14-2012, 11:22 AM
What year car, motor size and where's the cup holder(:)).
The line to the engine from the cell shouldn't be in the line for the pcv for one, you'd do better somewhere near the throttle plate that still has a vacuum at idle. Or a tee in the brake booster line also will work well. I'm sure you will get a difference of opinion though.
I can't comment on the VOLO chip, though there's plenty of users, some work, some don't.

sjrobinson
04-14-2012, 11:35 AM
97 accord ex 2.2L
I've heard some say to 't' the PCV or brake booster. I'm a bit reluctant. A source I've been turning to says that it does not evenly distribute the HHO. It would be better to put it as close to the throttle body as possible- so I have it a bit after the PCV.
You know of anyone who has had experience with hondas at least?

lhazleton
04-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Mount the hose as close to the throttle body as possible. Never attach it to the brake booster or any other vacuum source. The only time engine vacuum is present in under braking / deceleration, which is when you don't need HHO. If your Honda is stock, just drill a hole in the rubber intake wherever it's convenient near the butterfly.

sjrobinson
04-14-2012, 10:36 PM
I made my own cold air intake and I already have the hose going to the point closest to the throttle body. I mean, now that it is all hooked up, how do I fine tune the system? Make sure that I am getting the most mpgs possible.