PDA

View Full Version : plate design what do u think

dswareagle
04-08-2012, 08:45 AM
alright guys plate design for my new reactor

9" wide x 7" tall 5/8 gasget around with 1 inch angels cut off corners

corners will be left on oppossing corners for + and - plates to allow for contacts

one inch holes opposing corners to allot for water in and gas out (insulated of course)

2 stacks

[-nnnnn+nnnnn-][-nnnnn+nnnnn-]

can i do an out and in port in the center devider or will that hurt?

thoughts guys id like to get these plates cut asap :)

crude rendition ill upload a pic of paper cutout later

l l
l O l
\_____________________/

dswareagle
04-08-2012, 08:48 AM
._____________________
/ ...................................\
l .................................O l
l ................................... l
l ................................... l
l ...O.............................. l
\_____________________/

BioFarmer93
04-08-2012, 12:20 PM
alright guys plate design for my new reactor

9" wide x 7" tall 5/8 gasget around with 1 inch angels cut off corners

corners will be left on oppossing corners for + and - plates to allow for contacts

one inch holes opposing corners to allot for water in and gas out (insulated of course)

2 stacks

[-nnnnn+nnnnn-][-nnnnn+nnnnn-]

can i do an out and in port in the center devider or will that hurt?

thoughts guys id like to get these plates cut asap :)

crude rendition ill upload a pic of paper cutout later

l l
l O l
\_____________________/

Very cool, now let's fine tune it a little.. First, what your graphic indicates is two separate reactors of two stacks each, or four stacks- but I see where you're going with it.. A solid HDPE divider for this build is fine- beyond fine actually, almost mandatory for good flow. Drill two holes in from the top and two in from the bottom then two in to meet one pair of them from the right side and two in to meet the other pair of them from the left and good cell respiration is a given. The 1" dia. holes are overkill though- since you're having these either laser or water jet cut, there's no reason you can't have rectangular holes right up against the edges of the gaskets- 1" wide by 1/4" high will be plenty for the gas holes and 1/2" x 1/4" will be fine for equalization. The power plates that you're showing in your diagram between stacks as positive, will (I have on good authority) increase the efficiency of the reactor if they are solid- as in no holes.

myoldyourgold
04-08-2012, 05:26 PM
How much gas are you wanting to make and for what vehicle if for vehicle use?

dswareagle
04-10-2012, 12:07 AM
ok sorry for the delay the highlighted area is gasket

dswareagle
04-10-2012, 12:12 AM
and opposite corners will be let on for positive and negative connection

dswareagle
04-10-2012, 12:14 AM
How much gas are you wanting to make and for what vehicle if for vehicle use?

i have a 1999 chevy astro van... i was hoping that i could use throw more steel at it and in turn keep my amps or heat lower and make more gas than just pumping all i could out of a smaller cell

dswareagle
04-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Very cool, now let's fine tune it a little.. First, what your graphic indicates is two separate reactors of two stacks each, or four stacks- but I see where you're going with it.. A solid HDPE divider for this build is fine- beyond fine actually, almost mandatory for good flow. Drill two holes in from the top and two in from the bottom then two in to meet one pair of them from the right side and two in to meet the other pair of them from the left and good cell respiration is a given. The 1" dia. holes are overkill though- since you're having these either laser or water jet cut, there's no reason you can't have rectangular holes right up against the edges of the gaskets- 1" wide by 1/4" high will be plenty for the gas holes and 1/2" x 1/4" will be fine for equalization. The power plates that you're showing in your diagram between stacks as positive, will (I have on good authority) increase the efficiency of the reactor if they are solid- as in no holes.

so so am i over killing it with two stacks of two? so if i leave the center positive plate whole i can just connect the two through the center devider for in and out or would it be better just to have two seperate reactors? or would just one be enough for what im trying to accomplish? also can i weldon the entire outside of the cell and around the contacts to prevent current leakage?

dswareagle
04-10-2012, 12:57 AM
...._ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
../.................................................. .....|____|..\
./.................................................. ...................\
|................................................. ......................|
.\................................................ ...................../
..\_| _ _| _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ /
so more like this if the outside line represents the edge of the gasket, Gus?

Quebecker
04-10-2012, 08:54 AM
By not taking into account the size of the plates, I recommend something like this :

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/7223/3modelesdeplates.jpg

BioFarmer93
04-10-2012, 01:41 PM
No, the overkill was the hole size. I took thee liberty of drawing this up for you to look at.. If you like it I can send the AutoCad file to you..

dswareagle
04-10-2012, 02:42 PM
dude thats exactly what id love that autocad file. where the hell do i get the hdpe and gasket material

BioFarmer93
04-10-2012, 03:33 PM
dude thats exactly what id love that autocad file. where the hell do i get the hdpe and gasket material

I get my HDPE from www.thecuttingboardfactory.com and you can get EPDM .04" black pond liner at home improvement stores and landscape stores. If you think .04" is too thin, then just double up on the gaskets- I did and it doesn't leak a drop.. PM me your email address and I'll shoot you the file..

Shane Jackson
04-10-2012, 04:24 PM
If you wanted to use PVC you can get it from:

http://freckleface.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/pvcsheet.html

iger13
04-11-2012, 07:01 PM
No, the overkill was the hole size. I took thee liberty of drawing this up for you to look at.. If you like it I can send the AutoCad file to you..

I would love to have this file too.
Tanks.