PDA

View Full Version : What can I expect with HHO?

guiltyspark
04-07-2012, 07:37 PM
I have a 97 honda CRV. Its got 66k miles on it.

This summer gas is going to get very brutal. Is HHO a realistic option to help me out in the wallet?

Basically the big question i have is how much i would have to invest to get my car sucking HHO? I know there is alot of good information and alot of bad information on this stuff.

so realistically how much is this going to cost me short term ?

guiltyspark
04-07-2012, 07:39 PM
I should also mention one thing i have is alot of free time , so education and research is not a problem , i just want to know ahead of time what its going to cost me before i start studying

myoldyourgold
04-08-2012, 01:04 AM
guiltyspark, The first question I would have to ask is how much are you planning to drive a year? If you are going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 15000 miles a year and want to see a return on your investment not counting your time in a year or two I would say it might not be worth it. Now if this is something you are interested in for long term gain and want to learn all about HHO and what it can do, then how much you drive will have no bearing. Are you planning to build everything yourself? This can turn out to be a money pit. Things are changing every week as new things are proved up and so it can get expensive to have the latest and greatest because it yields more MPG. Lots to think about. Now if you are commuting 200 miles per day or have a job that requires that much driving then go for it. This is my take on things, there are others who I am sure have a different opinion.

whear
04-08-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm actually wondering about the same question.

I have about 200 $ to spend. Is it possible to build ( by myself ) a generator with this amount ? Without taking into account the electronics.

myoldyourgold
04-08-2012, 02:24 AM
Yes and no. It depends on the vehicle and what gains you are expecting to get.

whear
04-08-2012, 03:28 AM
The vehicle is a 2001 VW Jetta 1.8T, manual transmission. It has 140k miles on it.

My expectation is to increase fuel efficiency by at least 15%.

I'm currently getting 25 MPG while babysitting it. I'm usually changing gear below 1800 RPM ( turbo is engaged at around 1800, and it kills fuel efficiency - however, the turbo is great when I actually need it )

myoldyourgold
04-08-2012, 11:24 AM
http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?p=50010#post50010

guiltyspark
04-08-2012, 12:10 PM
guiltyspark, The first question I would have to ask is how much are you planning to drive a year? If you are going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 15000 miles a year and want to see a return on your investment not counting your time in a year or two I would say it might not be worth it. Now if this is something you are interested in for long term gain and want to learn all about HHO and what it can do, then how much you drive will have no bearing. Are you planning to build everything yourself? This can turn out to be a money pit. Things are changing every week as new things are proved up and so it can get expensive to have the latest and greatest because it yields more MPG. Lots to think about. Now if you are commuting 200 miles per day or have a job that requires that much driving then go for it. This is my take on things, there are others who I am sure have a different opinion.
I just want to learn about it and possibly give my car more running time on a tank of gas.

What can i expect to spend if i just want a simple set up to mess around with?

myoldyourgold
04-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Go to hhoconnection's web sight and see if there is something there that might work for you. It is hard to get just a few plates gaskets etc cheaper than some one who is buying in volume. You can get a reactor for under $200. I am not necessarily recommending the reactors that are available but at least Mike is a reliable person to deal with and will give you the straight story. You can plan on spending any were form $500 to a $1000.00 with electronics and all the rest of the necessary equipment.