PDA

View Full Version : electrolyte radiator

dswareagle
04-06-2012, 09:57 PM
has anyone ever thought of cycling reservoir contents through a small radiator to control thermal runaway? maybe one designed for a motorcycle that is small and could be mouted in fron of the radiator in a car or serperately somewhere else?

Sodbuster
04-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Found this, pretty cool idea.

http://youtu.be/0eGFwYvo1lc

dswareagle
04-06-2012, 11:46 PM
awesome i bet a nice size one of those and a good effecient reactor would not even need a pwm

koya1893
04-10-2012, 03:44 PM
has anyone ever thought of cycling reservoir contents through a small radiator to control thermal runaway? maybe one designed for a motorcycle that is small and could be mouted in fron of the radiator in a car or serperately somewhere else?

If you are experiencing thermal runaway with your system; you need to re-think you designed. I say that because if you follow the advice on how to build a cell from this forum you should experienced a thermal runaway from it.

I have a system on my Harley, which I ride 500+ miles on any given day even on the hotest days I have not yet experienced a thermal runaway. If you are experiencing this, maybe you need to share with your system so we can help prevent that. For starter your configuration should be so; +NNNNN- or +NNNNNN- and able to turn it brute force, meaning no PWM just mixt your solution per recommended percentage. Good luck.