PDA

View Full Version : HHO and potholes

whear
04-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Hello,

I was wondering what are the negative impacts on HHO production/flow when you hit a pothole. Or bumpy roads in general.

I live in Quebec, Canada, and here, the roads are horrible. Highways too. The reason is the corruption in the field of public constructions, between the government and the construction companies, but I won't go into more details..

I was reading some time ago that it's bad to have spills of electrolyte from the reservoir to the bubbler, and vice-versa with the acidic water from the bubbler to the reservoir. While visualizing the kind of impact they produce, potholes/bumpy roads could cause such spills.

I tried looking for info on this matter, but I couldn't find anything.

Any help will be very much appreciated :)

Andrei.

P.S. Our roads are so bad that the CAA-Quebec ( CAA stands for Canadian Automobile Association ) has uploaded on their website extended documentation on the subject of potholes.

There's the link for anyone who is fascinated by the consequences ( in terms of physics ) of hitting a pothole: http://www.caaquebec.com/Automobile/TrucsConseils/CapsulesConseilsDetail.htm?lang=en&TipsID=d7377094-d851-4c57-9e48-531a91f946a0

aceras624
04-05-2012, 11:15 PM
i seriously doubt youll have any issues with any potholes decpite how terrible they seem to be. Youre intelligent enough to be using a seperate bubbler after the resevoir, so im sure you can figure out a way to make the bubbler tall enough that the acidic solution wont go into the exit hose to the engine :)

whear
04-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Thanks for your reply !

I haven't even thought about that :) And it actually makes a lot more sense than spills from the bubbler to the reservoir ( against the pressure created by the flowing gas ).

So what you suggest is that the bubbler should be tall enough so I don't have to fill it too high, which would reduce the risk of spills from the bubbler to it's outlet.

What's a good distance that the gas should travel inside the bubbler in order to get neutralized properly ? ( by properly, I mean enough to not damage the aluminium in the long term )

Thanks again

koya1893
04-06-2012, 08:04 AM
When it comes to vehicles with HHO system onboard and used them in rough roads, I recommend you designed or get a reservoir that prevents the solution from splashing around. The reservoir from USplastics are great but not for that application, if you can built one out of 4" PVC pipe that will work it should minimize the solution from a lot of splashing. The splashing will promote the solution migrating into the bubbler and if you have the standard bubble with water to scrubbed the HHO, the solution will migrating will increase the residue of NaOH or KOH which even one you use in the bubbler and you don't want that. Because the flumes from the bubble containing those electrolyte will damage you intake, especially the KOH and it's aluminum.

Use a dual reservoir, with the secondary holding majority of the solution (close to your cell) and the primary big enough to received the returning solution from the cell but small enough to prevent the solution from splashing and direct the gas to your bubbler.

whear
04-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Could I use some sort of filter just before the outlet of the reservoir that would allow the gas to flow, but wouldn't allow liquid to travel towards the bubbler ? Like a sponge or something. I'm pretty sure I've seen someone using this method with success here on HHOFORUMS, but I can't find the thread anymore...