PDA

View Full Version : I need info on a drycell for my s10

isreal
03-27-2012, 12:06 PM
I have a 98 s10 4*4 vortec v6. I would like to know how many lpm i need to get the best out of my truck with a drycell? I travel a lot, about 800+ miles every two weeks. I have seen people saying that they have made cells that put out 4 lpm. Don't know if its for real anymore. Would like to make one myself but if anyone could give me an idea on if i should use titanium or stainless or mix them, stainless being the + and titanium - . and a good size to start with plus number of plates.

Thank u for any time u give me on this.

whear
04-16-2012, 04:12 PM
You should've included the engine size too, it's pretty important.

I made a quick research and it's probably a 4.3 L engine.

For any engine, you need to start producing 1/8 LPM for every liter the engine has. You then increase production and see where the sweet spot is in terms of gasoline efficiency. Too much HHO can have a negative effect on your efficiency. So in your case, you'd have to start with .5 - .75 LPM production and gradually increase.

However, if you ever need more, you'd have to create a reactor that does so. In your case, I'd say you need a maximum amount of 2 LPM @ around 30 Amps.

In order for your plates to not suffer damage, you need to keep amperage below .5A per active square inch on one side of a plate. When calculating this, you need to take into account the inactive area of a plate which is covered by the gasket. ( gasket which needs to be .5" wide to avoid leaks )

In order to achieve around 2 LPM, I'd say you need a 2 stack reactor with 13 plates, -nnnnn+nnnnn-, plate size of 6" x 8".

You'd have 5" x 7" = 35" total active area ( a bit less if you substract the area above the plate exit port which isn't used )

Having 2 stacks would reduce the total Amps that you put in by half in each stack, so if you put 30A, you'd get 15A per stack, so 15A in each cell.

By having 6" x 8" plates, you'd be in a good position in terms of Amps per Cell.

I'm still a newbie, so I'm pretty sure that my advice is not the best you could get, but it's a good starting point.

Good luck,

Andrei

whear
04-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about something..

I'm not sure how well Titanium would work for electrolysis... What I do know is that you should really not mix metals in the process of electrolysis.

Using all Titanium plates would be a lot more expensive than using Stainless Steel 316L ones.

Also, being your first build, it's more likely to do a mistake and ruin your plates ( such as over-amping them or not condition them properly or using baking soda as an electrolyte etc ), so even if Titanium would work, it's really not worth the risk.

Good luck,

Andrei