PDA

View Full Version : uni vs. bi polar generator / reactor

19TERCEL96
03-27-2012, 06:29 AM
I tried a search and could not find the difference between a unipolar and a bipolar.
Can someone explain?
It isn't as simple as A/C vs. DC, is it?

dixiepc
03-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Check out the BioBeast Progress thread in the general discussion section. If you read all that it should answer all your questions.

19TERCEL96
03-27-2012, 11:30 AM
That's where I saw the uni vs. the bi.

OK, after reading "My Dry CEll Crapped Out, Why?" I know what a bipolar cell is, thanks to myoldyourgold.

If I understand it, then a uni would be two plates only, one posative and one negative, and then you would need a bunch of them in series to create enough HHO, and probably need a voltage divider for each set, so they don't get the full 12 Volts.

I'll keep reading.

I hate asking questions, only to find that I should have been able to find the answer on my own. I have been reading this forum for just under a week.

myoldyourgold
03-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Unipolar reactors are where unipolar cells (one cathode and one anode) are wired in parallel in groups where each group is in series with the next group. Each group forms an electrical cell and divides voltage like a bipolar plate in a bipolar reactor. Bio has posted some good diagrams of this. The unipolar cells in a group splits amps like a stack does in a bipolar reactor. So if you have 4 unipolar cells in a group it will divide amps by 4.

My definitions:

Group - A Group is composed of multiple Unipolar Cells in parallel and divide voltage by the number of groups in series.

Unipolar cells in a group - Divide amperage by the number of unipolar cells in the group.

Electrical cell - Divides voltage like a unipolar (N) plate

Stack - Is a series of bipolar cells separated with a unipolar anode and a unipolar cathode. Each stack divides amperage. +nnnnnn-nnnnnn+ (2 stacks and divides amperage by 2)

19TERCEL96
03-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks, got it.

It sounds like more work to build a unipolar.

I'll stick with the bipolar.
I thought i was ready to install my wet cell, then discoverd this forum, and now I am back to doing research.
Glad I found you guys.

Can't wait until I can contribute info from real under-the-hood experience.