PDA

View Full Version : New here

longbedlove
03-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Like it says, new to the site. Didnt see a newbie thread so i posted here. Still learning my way around the site, but seems like there is a lot of great info here.

The name is Brad, and I have dabbled with HHO in the past but strayed away from it for a few years due to my current project. Engine crapped out of my 88 s10 which was my daily driver and decided to put a carbed 350 sbc in it. It is a ton of fun but the mileage as expected is not as great. I had a simple generator hooked up to the old v6 and say around 2ish mpg gain normal driving, and upwards of 5-6 highway miles... was real encouraging.

My goal is to start off where i left off. My current generator is a +-+-+-+- setup. Draws around 18 - 20 amps though... Output seems decent, but I try not to put a ton of baking soda in because the electrical connections tend to heat right up. So anyhow, it needs work. Looken forward to putting it on a carbed motor however now, none of that electrical garbage :)

Thats whats up with me in a nutshell. Looken forward to the conversation.

hhofox
03-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi, welcome to the forum!
You are right, there is a LOT of info here. Just do some searching for other newb posts and you'll find the answer to some of your questions -the more advanced stuff can be found in the other threads. The one below shows a similar setup to yours -carbed, and no electronics. Take a read and see what you can pick up to get started.
http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=7488

Btw... what type of cell are you running? Dry or Wet? I started with Baing Soda too. Everyone here will tell you that baking soda is bad since for many reasons. Some NaOH or KOH will do a better job. Well...you'll get it as you read a bit more.

BioFarmer93
03-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Like it says, new to the site. Didnt see a newbie thread so i posted here. Still learning my way around the site, but seems like there is a lot of great info here.

The name is Brad, and I have dabbled with HHO in the past but strayed away from it for a few years due to my current project. Engine crapped out of my 88 s10 which was my daily driver and decided to put a carbed 350 sbc in it. It is a ton of fun but the mileage as expected is not as great. I had a simple generator hooked up to the old v6 and say around 2ish mpg gain normal driving, and upwards of 5-6 highway miles... was real encouraging.

My goal is to start off where i left off. My current generator is a +-+-+-+- setup. Draws around 18 - 20 amps though... Output seems decent, but I try not to put a ton of baking soda in because the electrical connections tend to heat right up. So anyhow, it needs work. Looken forward to putting it on a carbed motor however now, none of that electrical garbage :)

Thats whats up with me in a nutshell. Looken forward to the conversation.

Hey Brad,
Welcome to the forum. From the description of your current generator, it sounds like you have 12V between all of the elements, which is why your connections are getting hot. You really only want (or need) right around 2V between each plate. It sounds like you'll need about 3 liters per minute of HHO for that 350, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. Are you of a mind to build or would you rather buy? We can help you get it going, whichever way you choose...