PDA

View Full Version : need some advice

rushdylan
02-28-2012, 10:17 PM
looking to put an HHO setup on my 2003 ford ranger v6 3.0L

from a previous attempt to building a generator, i still have a flashback arrestor and a PWM laying around but my biggest question is, to volo chip or to not? the companies swear by them (obviously) but the EFIE seems far more effective than a volo chip. i am looking at this kit on Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160402675623?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

then i will hook up my PWM and buy an EFIE also. anyways i guess the big question is, is this kit worth it? and volo chip or efie? my ranger doesnt have too much room in the engine compartment to set a water tank so i wish to convert my windshield washing fluid container into the bubbler but i dont think it can hold enough pressure? or is this not an issue?

also: should i use a MAF sensor controller with an efie or does it take the efie's place?

lhazleton
03-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Stay away from them. The units are cheap crap.
The plates are 4"x4" sanded (not blasted), and the reactor is set up as (+NNN-NNN+). With this configuration, each cell will be receiving 3.45 volts! Inefficient steam machine.

Darrell
03-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Build a -NNNNN+NNNNN- minimum Lee likes the -NNNNNN+NNNNNN- use 6X6 plates or bigger.

Either way you could get them to work very well and should make better gas.

Darrell

hhofox
03-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Also, the round gaskets waste space! The units look like they would be completely flooded as well, forcing the gas to fight its way out.