PDA

View Full Version : SOS newbie here

moosiani
02-27-2012, 08:17 PM
So I thought I had read enough about this to build my own. After today I think I need to read more. I built my first HHO generator today that seems to have turned into a paperweight.
I used a plastic rectangular tupperware container with a locking lid which has locking handles. 5.5" tall, 7"wide & 5" wide.All 4 of my 304L stainless steel plates were 3" by 6" 1/16 thick attached with nylon 5/16 nuts and bolts with 1/16" nylon spacers. So from what I had read online I decided to try +nn- for my first time.
So now that all was ready I put my tap water in the container just to cover the top of the plates which left me with about 1" of clearance from the top of the water level to the lid. I hooked up my battery charger to the 2 terminals sticking out of the lid. Im using a professional battery charger just like the one you would typically see in an average repair garage (12v 60a}. So turned on the charger and not a whole happened. I got very little bubbles most of which remained stuck tot he plates. there was never a cloud of bubbles to be seen. WHY?

hhomakers
02-27-2012, 09:39 PM
try adding more koh

hhofox
02-28-2012, 08:51 AM
It's great that you are going the DIY path with HHO. It seems like you already know the next step to take though -read some more.
There is a lot of very good info available here, so don't hold back. Read other posts like yours and you'll see what's lacking.

On another note:

Do not allow the water to pass the top of the plates.
Use Distilled Water instead of tap.
Mix in 1/4 Tablespoon of NaOH (caustic soda or drain opener) at a time to see more bubbles. Be careful with NaOH - use plastic gloves!
Use -NNNN+ as your config. (Does not make much difference if the water in the container is flowing around all the plates, giving them the same amount of voltage.)

Recommended reading:http://2hho.com/hho_plans.htm

moosiani
02-28-2012, 09:06 AM
It's great that you are going the DIY path with HHO. It seems like you already know the next step to take though -read some more.
There is a lot of very good info available here, so don't hold back. Read other posts like yours and you'll see what's lacking.

On another note:

Do not allow the water to pass the top of the plates.
Use Distilled Water instead of tap.
Mix in 1/4 Tablespoon of NaOH (caustic soda or drain opener) at a time to see more bubbles. Be careful with NaOH - use plastic gloves!
Use -NNNN+ as your config. (Does not make much difference if the water in the container is flowing around all the plates, giving them the same amount of voltage.)

Recommended reading:http://2hho.com/hho_plans.htm

thanx for the link hhofox. I quickly looked through it . I will read it. Tell one thing which I cant seem to find. Whats the difference between a dry cell and a wet cell if there is one. I cant really recall seeing the words wet cell but I usually one would think if its called a dry cell then there should be a wet one also..Yes and why 4 nuetrals? I would think that only the 2 nuetrals beside the live plates would give out some hho and not the 2 in the center.

hhofox
02-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Once you read the info on the site, it will all be clear.
Basically, you have a wet cell if you take a + and -, put them into a container with water, and pass electricity through it. Yes, it gives off HHO, but not a lot without getting very hot, and causing other problems.

With a dry cell, you use metal sheets to build compartments or walls. You basically end up with sealed off compartments. -wNwNwNwNwNwNw+ where w = water, is a dry cell since the water is between each sheet of metal or cell, instead of the sheets of metal being submerged in the water.
The N plates become - on one side and + on the other when you apply electricity.
It allows you to divide the electricity by the number of cells (w) to get the voltage to about 2v per cell, where HHO is best made.

You'll get a clearer pic after reading.

moosiani
02-28-2012, 06:04 PM
ok so I added some sodium hydroxide and I got results after about adding a teaspoon in the container. Next thing is to see how many amps are being drawn and how much hho im actually producing.