PDA

View Full Version : Someone please check me out

dixiepc
02-24-2012, 11:01 AM
If I build a unipolar cell in this configuration []+ - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] with 17.5 square inches of surface area on one side of one plate running at 13.8 - 14.2 volts. And assuming that I am running full strength electrolyte. I should be making approximatly 7 liters of gas at 105 amps (assuming 15 amps per liter) and from around 1.97 to 2.03 volts per group. Are these numbers correct?

hhofox
02-24-2012, 03:58 PM
I don't get what you are trying to ask. :confused:
Are you gonna do use this in a car? It would seem like you were planning to make your own space heater. Unless you were gonna put 2v on each and every -+ pair, then you would be making a lot of gas -hho and steam, that is. Maybe I am not seeing this for what it really is....or am I?

Check this out to see why I am stressing the voltages.
http://2hho.com/hho_plans.htm

BioFarmer93
02-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Are you gonna do use this in a car? It would seem like you were planning to make your own space heater. Unless you were gonna put 2v on each and every -+ pair, then you would be making a lot of gas -hho and steam, that is. Maybe I am not seeing this for what it really is....or am I?

HHOFOX,
Dixie is building a high output unipolar system for his diesel- and I assure you it wont make any steam. Go back a good way and read up on my unipolar system- no neutral plates, no overheating, no PWM, but more complicated...
Not for the faint of heart. Also look up hhopwr on utube and follow the "Magnetic Beastie" videos until the end...

dixiepc
02-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Gus, do I look like I'm in the ball park with my figures?

Monty

aceras624
02-24-2012, 10:10 PM

the confusion is simple I think. He didnt mention that each cell will be run in SERIES. 7 cells so 12-14.4 volts devided by 7. I personally dont understand how doing a unipolar cell is any better than a bipolar cell.

BioFarmer93
02-24-2012, 11:06 PM
If I build a unipolar cell in this configuration []+ - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] with 17.5 square inches of surface area on one side of one plate running at 13.8 - 14.2 volts. And assuming that I am running full strength electrolyte. I should be making approximatly 7 liters of gas at 105 amps (assuming 15 amps per liter) and from around 1.97 to 2.03 volts per group. Are these numbers correct?

Monty,
Let's take a look at what you have here... In a single group, there are 6 faces of one polarity at 17.5sq.in. each = 105sq.in.. 105 X 1/2 amp = 52.5 amps. At about 14 amps per liter per minute, that should make right at 3.75 lpm per group, theoretically. For a 7 group reactor, that would be a little over 26 lpm, theoretically.... Build that mutha, I want to see what it actually puts out- for that matter, I can hardly wait to see what mine puts out...:eek:

BioFarmer93
02-24-2012, 11:18 PM
the confusion is simple I think. He didnt mention that each cell will be run in SERIES. 7 cells so 12-14.4 volts devided by 7. I personally dont understand how doing a unipolar cell is any better than a bipolar cell.

My friend,
I'm afraid the confusion is yours...:D The 6 CELLS run in parallel in each GROUP, each GROUP is run in series. A unipolar reactor by it's nature, is only better for high output, high efficiency installations where space is not a constraining factor.

danser75
02-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Gus,
Does this mean there was no point in building my setup? I built my cell purely to cut out amp leakage and make it more efficent. If you are not sure what I am talking about, Its the post MY FIRST BUILD under general discussions. I would really like a little feedback if you have a second. I am still at the same point on it as I was in the pics as I am awaiting parts still.

BioFarmer93
02-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Gus,
Does this mean there was no point in building my setup? I built my cell purely to cut out amp leakage and make it more efficent. If you are not sure what I am talking about, Its the post MY FIRST BUILD under general discussions. I would really like a little feedback if you have a second. I am still at the same point on it as I was in the pics as I am awaiting parts still.

Danser,
I sure wouldn't say there was no point in it, as we all know what the point is and that there are many different ways to reach that point. I will say though, that you went to a good deal more trouble than you needed to just to minimize current leakage, not to mention depriving yourself of a good portion of your trunk space..:D

dixiepc
02-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Wow Gus, you really busted my bubble. I thought I was getting close to understanding what I was doing. I was going from what I thought (LOL) I read in the amperage thread. Guess I'll take this new information and go back and refigure my numbers. Obviously my cell idea is too big. I need to build my cell just big enough for space and wallet reasons.

I'll be back,
Monty

dixiepc
02-25-2012, 08:38 PM
OK Gus here we go again,

If I build a build a unipolar cell in this configuration []+ - + - + [] + - + - + [] + - + - + [] + - + - + [] + - + - + [] + - + - + [] + - + - + [] with 9 square inches of emmisive surface area on one side of one plate running at 13.8 to 14.2 volts. And assuming that I am running full strength electrolyte. I should be making approximatly 9.03 liters of gas at 18 amps (assuming 14 amps per liter) and from around 1.97 to 2.03 volts per group.

I hope these numbers correct.

myoldyourgold
02-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Sorry 14 amps per liter times 9 LPM is 126 amps not 18 amps.

dixiepc
02-25-2012, 09:24 PM
So each group will be making 1.29 lpm at 18 amps for a reactor total of 9.03 lpm at 126 amps. Right?

myoldyourgold
02-25-2012, 09:38 PM
What is the total amps you are planing to run? I most likely am misunderstanding what you are saying. If you take the total amps the reactor will draw and divide that by 14 amps you might be able to make that amount of HHO.

BioFarmer93
02-26-2012, 01:33 AM
So each group will be making 1.29 lpm at 18 amps for a cell total of 9.03 lpm at 126 amps. Right?

YES, Your calculation is correct...
(but it's the REACTOR or ELECTROLYSER total, not cell total) We have to be careful with terms because this stuff is confusing enough anayway..;):D

dixiepc
02-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Sorry Gus, I edited my post to use the correct terms. Now that I have got that part straight in my brain I will move on to other questions later.

Monty

dixiepc
02-27-2012, 09:35 AM
OK, my next question is about the number of bubblers. Gus, did you ever determine, for sure, that if the first and last plate of each group were the same polarity, that it would negate the need for separate bubblers?

hhofox
02-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the clarification. :o
I am wondering why you'd go that route when it uses so much energy and produces more HHO than is recommended for the fuel type and engine size. Unless you are using it on a tractor, steamroller, etc.:confused: