PDA

View Full Version : Cell Placement

dixiepc
02-17-2012, 10:36 PM
I just found this sight that has a very cool idea for where to put a dry cell on a car.

They have made cells the size of a license plate so the can be mounted to the bumper behind the license plate.

I am not sure about their using metal for the end plates, and I don't think that they are using enough plates, but it is still a cool idea.

Here's their web site: http://evolutionhho.com/

Check them out.

aceras624
02-17-2012, 11:24 PM
interesting idea, but you could fit a better cell SOMEWHERE without making the outside of your ride look dumb :)

dixiepc
02-17-2012, 11:27 PM
It could even fit behind the bumper and not be seen.

BioFarmer93
02-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Dixie-

Go ahead and start a new thread for your unipolar build...

-Gus

dixiepc
02-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Gus,

I will when I get all my ducks in a row.

I still have some things that I don't throughly understand and don't want to start until I do.

I know that it will not be the license plate design.

Monty

koya1893
02-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Cell placement is critical, having it as closed as you can to the engine bay is ideal. However, not everyone have the room. The system on my Ram and several other trucks in my area, the cell, secondary reservoir and gas filter (I don't have a bubbler) are located on the fram and behind the cab, thus far I really don't see any disadvantage being mounted that far.

dixiepc
02-24-2012, 10:35 AM
How do you get by without a bubbler.

aceras624
02-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Cell placement is critical, having it as closed as you can to the engine bay is ideal. However, not everyone have the room. The system on my Ram and several other trucks in my area, the cell, secondary reservoir and gas filter (I don't have a bubbler) are located on the fram and behind the cab, thus far I really don't see any disadvantage being mounted that far.

not sure if it was you that I saw on another thread that said they "top off with half concentrated solution" but if it IS you I think you may be blowing some electrolyte into your engine without the bubbler. Not sure what you are saying with the "gas filter" but that may be getting the electrolyte stuck in it instead of the engine :) If I were you id start looking for white powder in this "gas filter" and where the your HHO goes into the engine before it corrodes aluminum parts (intake and what not)

koya1893
02-25-2012, 07:33 PM
not sure if it was you that I saw on another thread that said they "top off with half concentrated solution" but if it IS you I think you may be blowing some electrolyte into your engine without the bubbler. Not sure what you are saying with the "gas filter" but that may be getting the electrolyte stuck in it instead of the engine :) If I were you id start looking for white powder in this "gas filter" and where the your HHO goes into the engine before it corrodes aluminum parts (intake and what not)

It was me, but I'm afraid you have not read any other post I started lately. I've ran HHO on a Ford for 40K miles without any issue. read the post on "Production Longevity" and review the photos I've shared.

I keep my cell basice design.