PDA

View Full Version : which is a better way?

aceras624
02-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Im wondering if it is better to add KOH to my dry cell until I can pull the amps I want or should I max the ammount of KOH and use my PWM to stop the amps from going higher than I want? If you have an answer, please give a reason/s why. thanks

myoldyourgold
02-13-2012, 11:30 AM
There is two schools of thought in this matter.

A) Is that the max KOH will lower the resistance and the reactor will then run more efficient being controlled by a PWM.

B) Is with a lower amount of KOH using only the amount you need to pull the amps your plates are designed for, the efficiency is higher.

Using MMW as the measure I have found in my reactor that B is the case. Now in winter I have no choice but to use full strength and use a PWM. I have tested this with the same reactor with every thing being the same at least as close as possible. Ambient within 2ยบ F. What I did find is that the operating temperature was lower in the B than A over a 1 hour test. I would really like to here from others who have done a similar test though. One persons test is not enough. I have done the test more than once under different ambient conditions with interesting results which I am still studying.

aceras624
02-13-2012, 06:11 PM
:cool: thanks. anyone else have any thoughts?