PDA

View Full Version : coil

danntanna
02-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Hello everybody,I have a theory.Would it be possible to some how run my hho generator off my cars coil?The engine is a chev 250 very basic.Then you would have a buit in PWM.Not sure how I would convert the power coming from the coil.I know they put out a huge amount of volts.Thanks

Madsceintist
02-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Coils aren't meant to have a dead ground. Tried something with it myself but kept blowing ignition fuses. Moved on to something else. Sorry for the lack of help.

BioFarmer93
02-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Hello everybody,I have a theory.Would it be possible to some how run my hho generator off my cars coil?The engine is a chev 250 very basic.Then you would have a buit in PWM.Not sure how I would convert the power coming from the coil.I know they put out a huge amount of volts.Thanks

OK, I'm no electronics guru and I can't tell you how to go about it, but based on some reading I was doing the other night it is possible... Apparantly long distance high voltage is being transmitted as DC, that's right DC. It's being pumped out at a very high frequency (pulsed) and because it's DC the pulses do not reverse direction (AC) style. It appears that transformers of a particular style function just fine with it and reduce voltage while increasing amperage just like AC transformers. Oh, and the real selling point of HF DC transmission? It's room temperature (nearly) super conducting- transmission losses are way down... So, find a way to increase the frequency of the electricity within your ignition pulses and transform that down to workable HHO voltage and your set...:cool::D

danntanna
02-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks I think I found a schematic that shows exactly that.It's on overunity a web site devoted to I'm not exactly sure what only read a small amout.http://www.overunity.com/7669/method-for-converting-hv-static-into-usable-low-voltage-power/