PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Separate Cells Results – Series and Parallel Connections

tbhavsar
08-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Multiple Separate Cells Results – Series and Parallel Connections

My three cells are ready now and giving following results when connected as described below:

a) When all three (separate) cells connected in Series; it gives 700 ml per 1.30 sec with 15 amps.

b) When two cells connected in Series, it gives 700 ml in 43 sec, with amp 33 amp (I know this is too high, and planning to dilute electrolyte).

c) When connected; two in series and THIRD one in parallel, it gave 700 ml in 30 sec with 45 amps.

NOW, I am planning to build forth cell; I am curious how I would connect, based on your above results and diluting electrolyte using a parallel/ series configuration. Is this how should I connect? (Please check attached photo)? Please provide you input.

daveczrn
08-04-2008, 11:03 AM
the current will not pass through the second set as you have it posted. this is what it should be like.

have the positive come into the first two units that are in parrellel have the negitive come into the second two units on the right. Connect the positive from the right two units to the negitive on the left two units. 4 generators with 2 in parrellel and 2 in series.

tbhavsar
08-04-2008, 11:16 AM
the current will not pass through the second set as you have it posted. this is what it should be like.

have the positive come into the first two units that are in parrellel have the negitive come into the second two units on the right. Connect the positive from the right two units to the negitive on the left two units. 4 generators with 2 in parrellel and 2 in series.

Thanks; I have corrected my diagram;

tbhavsar
08-04-2008, 01:33 PM

Just an idea! How about spliting first the votage by two series cell and then run two parralel from each series cell? Will this descrese amp and heat?

daveczrn
08-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Just an idea! How about spliting first the votage by two series cell and then run two parralel from each series cell? Will this descrese amp and heat?

that depends on how his plates are setup inside the generator. if it's already split down inside there( N plates) then he might have a problem doing that. otherwise yes it would work.

as well you can leave the bars connected from the first 2 to the second 2 generators. it will make no diffrence other than a ballanced power draw going into the second set. As well if you have a problem with any one of the generators the other 3 will continue producing if this is connected.

tbhavsar
08-04-2008, 08:30 PM
that depends on how his plates are setup inside the generator. if it's already split down inside there( N plates) then he might have a problem doing that. otherwise yes it would work.

as well you can leave the bars connected from the first 2 to the second 2 generators. it will make no diffrence other than a ballanced power draw going into the second set. As well if you have a problem with any one of the generators the other 3 will continue producing if this is connected.

My config is "+n-n+" using wall plates with 1/8" spacing.

harabsnyder
03-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Was this experiment ever completed?

BoyntonStu
03-15-2009, 10:36 AM
"a) When all three (separate) cells connected in Series; it gives 700 ml per 1.30 sec with 15 amps."

I find this difficult to believe.

BoyntonStu