PDA

View Full Version : Higher MPG ideas needed.

AppleGeek
01-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Hello All,

I recently put an hho cell in my 2008 chevy cobalt 2.2l 5speed manual. I have been running the cell for about 6 months now. I'm looking for some ideas that will help me squeeze some more mpgs out of my car.

Here are a few details of my setup.

http://www.threegm.com/hho/photo.JPG

I have a 6x6 16 plate cell with a 55a PWM with a 60 amp relay. There is an inline circuit breaker that is set at 30 amps. The system sits in my trunk and then goes thru a vacuum regulator to a vacuum line on the engine. I have one bubler mounted on the board and another in the trunk of my car. Since my battery is in the trunk and there isn't much room up front I decided to mount it there.

The white pvc that you see is my home built reservoir that is designed to force the electrolyte to go back and forth and then slowly down the bottom to act as a kind of radiator. It still holds about 2 liters of liquid and won't collapse under a vacuum. I was originally using the standard white reservoir bottle but the system was getting warm so I designed the new reservoir and lowered the current draw on the system.

I am currently running at about 1 lpm with 10 amps of current draw and about 4 inches of hg vacuum. Before I put the system in I was getting about 21 mpg to and from work due to the bad traffic. Now I'm getting around 24-25 mpg. I'm using a NaOH electrolyte that isn't mixed very strong. The pwm is currently set to always on. I have a control box that connect to the system via a modified pci-x power connector for the wiring that has a master power, system on, and system fault leds that let me know if the system is running or the circuit breaker tripped. The system can be turned on using either bypass switch at the unit or in the control box or by using the vacuum switch that I built. I also have a master switch at each location that can turn the whole system off.

As for the chips in the car, I am currently running the Volo HHO chip and also have a kiwi wifi scanner for reading the system measurements.

I'm looking for advice on what I need to change in the setup in terms of the current/production and if I need to make any changes to the vacuum amount.