PDA

View Full Version : HHO system for home generator

jeffex11
01-15-2012, 07:21 AM
I want to take my house off the grid with a home generator system.....I have been researching the use of hydrogen as a fuel source and found this forum...

IS there a system that will run HHO in to a carburetor small 11 HP HONDA motor ? and can that system be run purely on HHO in the event of a economic collapse..? or can ethanol be substituted as a co-fuel ...replacing gasoline

BioFarmer93
01-15-2012, 10:25 PM
I want to take my house off the grid with a home generator system.....I have been researching the use of hydrogen as a fuel source and found this forum...

IS there a system that will run HHO in to a carburetor small 11 HP HONDA motor ? and can that system be run purely on HHO in the event of a economic collapse..? or can ethanol be substituted as a co-fuel ...replacing gasoline

Is your home in town Jeff? Do you have lots and lots of non perishable food stored away? Water? Heirloom seed stock? Chickens and goats? Do your neighbors know about your supplies? Do your neighbors have guns? Do you? Do you already have a solar & wind system in place for primary power?
My advice to you (even though I'm a true fan of Honda engines) is to find a low speed English Lister diesel clone (known as "Listeroids" on the web)- try www.utterpower.com . You can run waste oil of virtually any type in them, because only the the rich and the military will have access to real fuel in that scenario.
To directly answer your question, yes, there is a system, but you have to build it yourself because an off-the-shelf plug and play system for what you speak of does not exist. What you would need is solar panels and/or wind to make electricity to split water for hydrogen only (not HHO) and to store the hydrogen in tanks. If I were to do this (I am)- I would mix the hydrogen with the output from my goat & chicken poop/yard waste methane digester for extra gas volume.
If you make and use wood alcohol as a fuel, you will need to re-jet and possibly re-time the Honda to accept that fuel. Be aware that the actual fuel consumption rate will go up significantly due to the lower thermal energy available in alcoholm

myoldyourgold
01-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Gus has this wired that is for sure. Here is some additional information about running a generator without fossil fuel. About half way down this article you will find some information. I have talked to someone who has one running and is quite happy with it. I have asked him to come and post some pictures etc but he rather stay on the sidelines.

http://www.free-energy-info.com/Chapt10.html

jeffex11
01-16-2012, 07:33 AM
thanks for the reply's . I am new to all this but not new to tinkering and basic principles of chemistry and physics.....

I am in Suburbia and I am ahead of most in my preparations . Many of those have been completed or are an ongoing process of gathering ...

This year I have a goal of taking my house off the grid ....both in preparation for "necessarily skyrocketing " energy prices ...or a full on currency collapse .

Now I'm not rich nor to I plan initially to expect to run my house at full tilt....merely a heating and energy production system that will give us a survival rate to fit our other reparations. One that will give us time....time to step up the next level of restoring our systems .....

I can't afford to spend 10's of thousands of dollars on a complete solar system...however , a solar generator to store in batteries gives me some time and ability to NOT be subject to government as my provider...

I have a landscape business and I am going to attempt to craft a HHO system to provide on demand HHO gas through the carb ...and take it from there......HHO storage is dangerous IMO so that is out ...and my neighbors might frown on that one......

I just want to learn systems for now as if the worst happens ....I will have all the time in the world to experiment...and my gun will let me take all the supplies i need ....for now ...just tinkering and learning

jeffex11
01-16-2012, 07:41 AM
My research on generators leads me to believe in diesel as a fuel source as gas depletes relatively quickly and bio diesel can be made from sunflower seeds or soybeans....THAT equipment is expensive so for now that is just valued info...

I have war gamed out many scenarios ...but the task at hand is the vision of heating my home with a wood/ coal furnace $1050 northern tools ...as a secondary back up system and a solar generator to power the furnace fan....then I hope to add a wind generator and more panels ....if time and $ allow..

having a plan to power vehicles or tilling equipment for farming is next on the list ....as gas and LP will be finite ...that is my interest in HHO

BioFarmer93
01-18-2012, 12:10 PM
"....and my gun will let me take all the supplies i need..."

Jeff, this bothers me. I asked if you had guns from the standpoint of protecting yourself from others with that particular attitude. If you were wondering why your thread has not received more feedback, the above quoted statement may well be the reason.

madman
01-18-2012, 10:22 PM
"....and my gun will let me take all the supplies i need..."

Jeff, this bothers me. I asked if you had guns from the standpoint of protecting yourself from others with that particular attitude. If you were wondering why your thread has not received more feedback, the above quoted statement may well be the reason.

It bothered you, but it makes me sad and fearful. Fearful because one of those survivors that he would so cassually take advantage of or murder could be my daughter or anybody's daughter. Sad because this ??? ???? not only does not follow the golden rule but he is hateful and greedy.

If it is genetic I hope he had no children or will not have any morre. The sooner his gene pool is gone the better off mankind will be.

HATE and GREED is darkness. If you seaech for the light deep in your soul and make it burn bright darkness will be eliminated for darkness can not exist in the presence of light.

Light is golden. Show some kindness, not only to friends and family but to strangers. Living by the golden rule may not get you a free pass thru the pearly gates but it should make you feel proud. Not so much that you did good but that you did not do bad.

tobydell
01-20-2012, 04:36 AM
if Biofarmer goes round to show Jeff how to store hydrogen ! perhaps he will blow them both into oblivion, problem solved

BioFarmer93
01-20-2012, 08:07 AM
if Biofarmer goes round to show Jeff how to store hydrogen ! perhaps he will blow them both into oblivion, problem solved

Did I understand that correctly that you included me in that problem?

lhazleton
01-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Damn, Gus! Ya gonna blow people up now? :eek::D:D

BioFarmer93
01-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Damn, Gus! Ya gonna blow people up now? :eek::D:D

Don't worry Lee, it's just a side job until the economy straightens up, besides, you're not in my AO.

lhazleton
01-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Don't worry Lee, it's just a side job until the economy straightens up, besides, you're not in my AO.

Whew! You had me worried..............

myoldyourgold
01-20-2012, 01:38 PM

tobydell, it is obvious Bio is not the problem but you are, making comments like that. Get a life!!

jeffex11
01-22-2012, 07:03 AM
sheesh..now I'm a crazed killer on the loose taking what I want...murdering my neighbor to take HIS stuff...did I say sheesh.....

...or my gun protects me and what I have saved and prepared...while I scrounge among what has been left behind by those who run to the government centers of food distribution....somewhat like the Superdome after Katrina or much like an occupy encampment near the food drop locations....

jeffex11
01-22-2012, 07:09 AM
meanwhile back at the ranch..our prepper has killed all his neighbors and gouged out their eyes ....

On the contrary ...I am waking UP my neighbors . Working for now on systems to restore our water supply and energy generation....

Trying to unite them to prepare as well as no man is an Island...well unless he can steal your HHO system and then blow you up.....

maybe I'm in the wrong blog here...?????? this must be a "leapers" blog and not a from of preppers ?????

sexyhyde
01-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Wait a minute! Has December 2012 been and gone? Did I miss nibiru? Mel Gibson didn't start production on a world wide mad max reality show did he? Is this forum subject to regular space/time laws?

BioFarmer93
01-23-2012, 12:19 PM
meanwhile back at the ranch..our prepper has killed all his neighbors and gouged out their eyes ....

On the contrary ...I am waking UP my neighbors . Working for now on systems to restore our water supply and energy generation....

Trying to unite them to prepare as well as no man is an Island...well unless he can steal your HHO system and then blow you up.....

maybe I'm in the wrong blog here...?????? this must be a "leapers" blog and not a from of preppers ?????

Hey, it was read as it was written, and interpreted the same- you struck some nerves with that statement, and aparantly we struck a nerve of yours with our responses.. Gotta be careful and proofread before you hit submit, to be sure you're typing what you actually mean to say..:cool: