PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 LPM single stack see details below

madman
01-14-2012, 09:16 PM
I have lots of details and ideas for the cell but for right now lets just look at the basics (mostly size)

2.5 LPM at estimated 13 amps per litre of gas. this is32.5 amps. At 13.8 volts thats 448 watts. At 2500ml. of gas that is aMMW of 5.5. At .5 amps per sq. inch active area that means my plates need to be 6.5x10 not counting gasket, tabs,entry hole, gas exit space at the top.

For now please figure the build will be done with all the correct materials and procedures like 316l,media blast,weldon,edpm, hdpe,koh, pasivation,staggered entry holes, dual charged tabs,placement of ports , etc.

This will be for a blazer with a 4.3 littre engine. Configuratioin is 8 plates/6 bipolar 7cells. Will this set up work and if not please explain . If not then what would be best?

Thanks in advance
Mark

BioFarmer93
01-16-2012, 09:25 PM
I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work.

myoldyourgold
01-17-2012, 11:02 AM
I agree with Bio. There is an alternative if space is a problem and that is to cut the active area in half and make two reactors running in parallel. Same total amps. Cost a little more, but if space is a problem then you might be forced into it. They do not have to be located together either but could use the same reservoir and bubbler etc. I have found that I get better numbers/production out of smaller plates. Why is a mystery to me and might just be either an error on my part or some difference in the whole process, plate prep, assembly, etc. Have fun be safe and let us know how it works.

madman
01-17-2012, 01:02 PM
I agree with Bio. There is an alternative if space is a problem and that is to cut the active area in half and make two reactors running in parallel. Same total amps. Cost a little more, but if space is a problem then you might be forced into it. They do not have to be located together either but could use the same reservoir and bubbler etc. I have found that I get better numbers/production out of smaller plates. Why is a mystery to me and might just be either an error on my part or some difference in the whole process, plate prep, assembly, etc. Have fun be safe and let us know how it works.

Smaller plates especially the HEIGHT might work better because the bubbles have less distance to travel and might have to fight less to get out.

Think I will try both ways and test .

NOTE: the mini beast will be back up and running Thurs. I will try to post some numbers on production.