PDA

View Full Version : HHO Dry Cell desing (Newbie)

HHO777
01-14-2012, 08:17 AM
I am new to HHO onboard generator tech, although studying and doing research for 6 months. I want to design HHO dry cell for small 1L carb engine with 40Amps alternator. So trying to work on less than 15amps model.

Kindly correct me if am wrong somewhere.

7-Cell (8 plate) , SS 316L
+nnnnnn-
13.8V across 8 plates 1.725V per plate
plate size 5.5" x 5.5"
gasket 1/4" (working area of plate 25 sq inch without 2 holes)
Approx Amps 12.5 (Bases on 0.5A per sq inch)
plate gaps between 2mm to 3mm after complete tight
Where should be the holes upper and lower on these plates ?

Kindly let me know how much LPM will it generate using 28% KOH electrolyte.
and will it work well with 40Amps alternator and 1L engine. Do I need a PWM for it ?

Q2: I have been searching and studying around and seems ppl have good gain in carb based engines but not much gains on electronic fuel injection (ECU) based engines. Even by using O2 and MAP sensors also Volo chips. What must be the reason for it ?

Thanks in advance.

Fizzy

madman
01-14-2012, 09:14 AM
Welcome Fizzy.

I am a noobie also and have done a lot of research also. Very good of you to have resd up first. You have come to the right place. There are folks here that will be able to help you build a quality unit.

I can tell you this. Please repost with the year, make, model. and EXACT size of engine(littre displacement) Half the battle is building a reactor. The other half is tuning it and your car to work at the highest efficiencey. Just because it is carburated does not mean you can slap it in there and get double mileage.

My 2 cents. Give it a little bit and the experts will be adding a lot more. You will get it done, I am sure. Good luck.

Madman

HHO777
01-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Welcome Fizzy.

I am a noobie also and have done a lot of research also. Very good of you to have resd up first. You have come to the right place. There are folks here that will be able to help you build a quality unit.

I can tell you this. Please repost with the year, make, model. and EXACT size of engine(littre displacement) Half the battle is building a reactor. The other half is tuning it and your car to work at the highest efficiencey. Just because it is carburated does not mean you can slap it in there and get double mileage.

My 2 cents. Give it a little bit and the experts will be adding a lot more. You will get it done, I am sure. Good luck.

Madman

As i mentioned above 1L (1000cc) suzuki engine mostly in small cars with no electronics involved. Alternator max capacity is 40Amps.

Fizzy

lhazleton
01-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Kindly correct me if am wrong somewhere.

7-Cell (8 plate) , SS 316L
+nnnnnn-
13.8V across 8 plates 1.725V per plate

8 plates = 7 cells = 1.97vdc per cell. Voltage is measured by each cell, not each plate. Common misconception.

plate size 5.5" x 5.5"
gasket 1/4" (working area of plate 25 sq inch without 2 holes)

Gasket should be 1/2". 1/4" will most likely leak.

Approx Amps 12.5 (Bases on 0.5A per sq inch)
plate gaps between 2mm to 3mm after complete tight

You'll want your gasket thickness around 2mm. Any more may cause excessive draw.
Where should be the holes upper and lower on these plates ?

Kindly let me know how much LPM will it generate using 28% KOH electrolyte.

The concentration depends on whether you live where freezing is possible or not.

and will it work well with 40Amps alternator and 1L engine. Do I need a PWM for it ?

A 40 amp alternator probably won't be big enough. But, you only need to produce 0.5 LPM for your engine, so it may suffice. With a PWM, you could dial it down to draw 10 amps for the amount you need.

Q2: I have been searching and studying around and seems ppl have good gain in carb based engines but not much gains on electronic fuel injection (ECU) based engines. Even by using O2 and MAP sensors also Volo chips. What must be the reason for it ?

No electronics/no problems. Just retard the static timing 10 degrees or so (this is something you'll need to play with to find the sweet spot).

Thanks in advance.

Fizzy
You seem to have a decent grasp on things.