PDA

View Full Version : An Introduction

sbeckman7
01-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Hi all,

My name is Spencer, I'm 19, and living in the bay area, California. I'm currently in the process of building a fully custom tube-frame chassis roadster during my gap year, after which I will drive it to Indianapolis where I'll be attending Purdue University for a degree in Motorsports Engineering, aided by their largest available academic scholarship. I've loved cars since I could talk and plan on starting my own company in the future. The project I'm working on now started in May 2010 and will hopefully be finished by late August/ early September of this year. My goal for the vehicle, in addition to it being one of the fastest cars on the road (I think it will be with the BMW V12 ;) ), is to have it successfully run a HHO system. Here are a few pictures of the CAD model and the frame in my garage.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/6r6cg0.jpg
http://oi54.tinypic.com/2vke1y9.jpg

I figured I'd start a separate thread for the HHO system build, but I wanted to provide some background information first :)

BioFarmer93
01-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Very cool Spencer, what do do have in mind for engine/power?

sbeckman7
01-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Stock output of the engine is 326hp/361 ft-lb of torque. I've watched all of Mike's HHO Connection vids so I have a rough idea of what to do to create the most efficient dry cell possible, but I have no actual goals for the final product. I guess first on the list is to make a noticeable change just to show people it can be done. Most of the OEM accessories fitted to the engine have been removed since I don't need power steering, etc. All it has is the water pump and the alternator. Because of this, I figured I could install a second alternator devoted solely to the HHO system if I needed to. I'd love to run it off 100% HHO, but so would every other member of this forum. If I could get another 30-50hp I would be ecstatic, but that sounds like the long-shot of the century to me. Packaging is not as much of an issue as it would be in a regular car because I am designing the frame and body. The only real issue is weight. I wouldn't want a system that weighed over 200 pounds, especially if the positive effects of the HHO system are being offset by its own weight.