PDA

View Full Version : Bubbler Antifreeze

R&D4me
01-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi Guys,

I searched and read the associated threads and just got a lot of:
"Try washer fluid"; use denatured alcohol"; etc... BUT, haven't gotten a rock solid statement from anyone attesting to a particular bubbler antifreeze.

Personally, I use 100% isopropyl from drug store, but finding myself re-filling it a lot. (Yes, I do have check valves that may prevent evaporation.... I think. w/out them it goes dry in few days or[week].)
Temp here night-time is lowest 10*F

What is anyone having good luck with using?

Washer fluid?

myoldyourgold
01-12-2012, 10:17 AM
I use Marvel Mystery oil with a little boric acid.

R&D4me
01-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Is the boric acid used to neutralize the KOH alkaline for the aluminum?? :confused:

I have just put in washer fluid for now; it doesn't evaporate like alcohol.

(I'm suprised at the lack of responses, but happy to get one :o )

myoldyourgold
01-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Is the boric acid used to neutralize the KOH alkaline for the aluminum??

Yes boric acid is used to neutralize the alkaline. You will be carrying what ever is in your bubbler to the engine unless you have some kind of dryer/filter to remove the moisture etc. in the gas. Moisture is not harmful by itself but with NaOH or KOH in it, damage will take place over time to the aluminum parts that come in contact with it. Window washer fluid also has alcohol in it so also evaporates.

Quebecker
01-23-2012, 08:25 AM

MMO has proven ...
Here, it's been two weeks that the temperature is around -23 ° C and my bubbler works great

Regards

myoldyourgold
01-23-2012, 11:14 AM
MMO has proven ...
Here, it's been two weeks that the temperature is around -23 ° C and my bubbler works great

Thank you Sir.