PDA

View Full Version : My homemade cell

smelijus
01-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi everoyne. Can anyone help to improve my cell to produce more of hho. All information is in the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dtwDBPZ9tk&feature=g-upl&context=G2e5478fAUAAAAAAAAAA
Thanks for any help :)

myoldyourgold
01-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Before you change anything add more NaOH. What kind of power supply are you using? That could be your problem.

smelijus
01-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Before you change anything add more NaOH. What kind of power supply are you using? That could be your problem.

I'm using computer power supply. It should give 8A at 12v and 25A at 5V

myoldyourgold
01-12-2012, 01:02 AM
That is why your production is so little. It will not work with that power supply. Take the same reactor and hook it up to your car battery while the car is running and you will think you died and went to heaven the production will be so much more!! Might be to much and get to hot too. Be careful.

hhofox
01-12-2012, 10:31 AM
mygoldyourgold is right!
My home-made dry cell was hardly pushing anything when I used my PSU to power it.
I took the exact same cell/reservoir/connections, everything, to the car, and it was CRANKING like crazy! 2LPM easily.
Studies show that after cell input voltage goes over 12V, HHO production REALLY starts to ramp up!
Actually, the plate gap voltage needs to be approx 1.5 to start seeing real production. (PGV is the voltage taken across plates -in this case, adjacent ones)
Check out Stanley Meyers's HHO Generator for an idea!
Take some measurements and post info/result is you can please!

smelijus
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
That is why your production is so little. It will not work with that power supply. Take the same reactor and hook it up to your car battery while the car is running and you will think you died and went to heaven the production will be so much more!! Might be to much and get to hot too. Be careful.
Problem is that I'm not planning to hook it to car right now (I'm only 16). Maybe if it goes well I will make another for parents car. Now I just want to make good desktop cell for cool experiments and so.

But it wouldn't help if I hook it to stronger power supply, because when i wire it like it should be (+nnnnn-) it uses only up to 0,1A. I'm right?

mygoldyourgold is right!
Studies show that after cell input voltage goes over 12V, HHO production REALLY starts to ramp up!

I will try to increase voltage by loading 5V circuit (practice show that it realy helps)

Thanks for your answers.

hhofox
01-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Whoa! 16 and experimenting with HHO already?! I guess you are not the avg. teen huh? It's good that you are so inclined, but NEVER forget to keep your safety in check. HHO is dangerous if handled improperly -as you have heard before. It's repeated that often because it is true.
Anyhow, could you please measure the voltage between two adjacent plates and let us know what the reading is? Actually, if you could do so with each pair of plates, from left to right, it would be good.
Also, before adding 5V more, recall that you may want to shoot for approx 14V with your current setup, okay?

smelijus
01-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Whoa! 16 and experimenting with HHO already?! I guess you are not the avg. teen huh? It's good that you are so inclined, but NEVER forget to keep your safety in check. HHO is dangerous if handled improperly -as you have heard before. It's repeated that often because it is true.
Anyhow, could you please measure the voltage between two adjacent plates and let us know what the reading is? Actually, if you could do so with each pair of plates, from left to right, it would be good.
Also, before adding 5V more, recall that you may want to shoot for approx 14V with your current setup, okay?

Yeah, I'm not average teen :D
I always think about safety because I really dont like hum in my ears.
Voltage between plates is following:
+ n n n n n -
1,86 1,83 1,69 1,66 1,83 1,86

hhofox
01-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Sorry about the delay -hectic weekend.
Thanks for the numbers. They are within range for cool running production. You just need to try it with the car, or a charger which will supply over twelve volts with sufficient amperage to run the unit. Just not getting the right amt of power to the unit quickly enough to do the amt of lifting that you desire.
BTW....the numbers add up to 10.7V. Try removing a neutral plate and see if that doesn't yeild results -that is if the proper 12+V supply is not available. The 5 or 6 neutral plate setup is best applied to the car's 13.6+V supply.
Let us know what happens.

smelijus
01-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Sorry about the delay -hectic weekend.
Thanks for the numbers. They are within range for cool running production. You just need to try it with the car, or a charger which will supply over twelve volts with sufficient amperage to run the unit. Just not getting the right amt of power to the unit quickly enough to do the amt of lifting that you desire.
BTW....the numbers add up to 10.7V. Try removing a neutral plate and see if that doesn't yeild results -that is if the proper 12+V supply is not available. The 5 or 6 neutral plate setup is best applied to the car's 13.6+V supply.
Let us know what happens.

Thanks for answer.
I have been thinking about removing neutral plate to increase voltages between plates. I will try that.
If i find wires to wire cell to car I will try how it runs with bigger curent.
Now I'm making new bubbler and stand for cell so I will upload video soon.

lhazleton
01-18-2012, 02:22 PM
If i find wires to wire cell to car I will try how it runs with bigger curent.

Just use jumper cables.

Left-handed individual
01-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Don't forget about the flashback arrestor. A good flashback arrestor will stop the flame before it even reaches the bubbled. Ive heard about bubblers blowing up due to the flashback making it all the way back and the bubbles coming out from the tube were so large that it caught the flame all the way back to the gen. Ite w longshot for that to happen.. but its disaster if it does occur.

To prevent that from happening I made a homemade flashback arrestor (total cost was about 12 bucks) and I use a large powerade bottle as a bubbler with the output hose at the lowest point and even constricted it at the entry point by making the hole small to squeeze the hose just a bit.. causing a faster flow of smaller bubbles to come out.. thus reducing the chance that a flashback, if it somehow made it through the arrestor would make it all the way back to the generator.

Gotta make sure you put safety first. First gen. I made I purposely blew it up while it was producing about .4 LPM in a test run..... All I could hear from my right ear was a long beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. :DAnd I was extremely lucky a plastic shard didn't slice me anywhere but my trigger finger( which by the way held the lighter). If it goes off in your car not only is that generator no good anymore but you can seriously damage something In your car.

-Have fun boys.;)

smelijus
01-27-2012, 11:27 AM
So this is my new setup (no bubbler)
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/5991/dsc02257q.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/dsc02257q.jpg/)
Voltages:
+ n n n n -
2,17 2,13 2,15 2,15 2,15
Electrolyte 1l water + 25g/0,88oz NaOH
Current 0,2A
What do you think?

hhofox
01-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Nice and neat man! I am guessing that you are not getting much, if anything out of it @.2 Amps though. You need to take it to the car. With that setup, you'd only need to attach it like you would a battery pack -straight to the two terminals with some alligator clamps, so you could test the real output.
I guess the removal of the neutral plate didn't help much huh? Still at 10.75V.
I'd still wanna see what it would put out when it's attached to a car battery -with the car running of course!:D