PDA

View Full Version : Data collection

danser75
01-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Well guys I would like to ask anyone that can to provide me with some information. I am trying to collect and sort through raw data to find an equation we can all use for new cells we are going to build. That way we have an equation that we can plug into and get the size cell we need the amps we need and the output we will get. For the old timers here this may seem useless but thats why I am willing to do the math and figure it out all i ask is that if you have a stainless steel dry cell with KoH, tell me the results of a test of your

Amps used.

active surface area.

volts used

liters per minute

Please keep in mind if for whatever reason you are not excited about your results feel free to send me a private message and I wont discuss it in the forum or judge you for it.
Also I need these tests run on cells that are not being over worked just a nice smooth run.

The more accurate results the better. Once i get the equation figured out I will post it so that we can all discuss and fine tune it.

Darrell
01-11-2012, 01:50 AM
You will only get an average of what power should be applied to a given cell stack base on the quality of the build. Some can take more power if built right and some will take alot less and over heat with a poor built reactor. Keep in mind is the slightest changes like holes placement, gasket thickness or back pressure will change results.

The good thing is that we are always learning new things to allow us to get more out a given reactor. 2 years ago a good reactor was at 5.7mmw.
Now 6.5 to 7.0MMW is very common place.

Just my 2 pennies

danser75
01-11-2012, 09:08 AM
well thanx for the heads up. I am just trying to see if there is a way to approximate the output and amps of a given size of a reactor. Or vice versa. But in thinking about it you would be right because some have used the weldon 16 others haven't, some have all holes in a row some stagger them, some have a middle sheet intact. There is alot of differances in the amp draw and in turn the output of the cells.

I would still like to collect the data and give it a try. Also then if we could get enough numbers to process and get a really good average then we would even have a way to figure one against the other for efficiency.