PDA

View Full Version : Help Designing Cell (Drawings etc)

Weapon_R
12-22-2011, 11:07 PM
As the topic states I need help. What program does everybody use to design their cell.

BioFarmer93
12-23-2011, 08:17 AM
As the topic states I need help. What program does everybody use to design their cell.

It varies a lot, and really doesn't matter- unless you mean what file format water jet and laser cutters like to receive so that they can just translate your file and don't have to re-draw your plates in a CAM program. Usually an AutoCad .dwg or .dxf file format is what they like to receive, although there are many others now (CAM programs) that can import several different kinds of CAD filetypes.
If you're not having your plates water jet or laser cut, then nothing is better for design work than a pencil with a good eraser..:D

myoldyourgold
12-23-2011, 12:16 PM
nothing is better for design work than a pencil with a good eraser..

Thanks Gus for including me in the picture with the pencil and goooood eraser.:D

Weapon_R
12-23-2011, 02:56 PM
BioFarmer93
Thank you for your response. I will have the plates laser cut. Need something free to create the .dwg or .dxf file format.
I there anyone willing to help me draw my plates?
Plates will have tabs to provide various wiring options without the need to dismantle the cell.

BioFarmer93
12-23-2011, 05:55 PM
BioFarmer93
Thank you for your response. I will have the plates laser cut. Need something free to create the .dwg or .dxf file format.
I there anyone willing to help me draw my plates?
Plates will have tabs to provide various wiring options without the need to dismantle the cell.

WR,
I do CAD for a living, just scan or shoot a photo of your hand drawn design to me.. I can turn it around in 30-45 min. and send a .dxf and a .dwg back to you, no charge.

BioFarmer93
12-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks Gus for including me in the picture with the pencil and goooood eraser.:D

Carter, you know I still do conceptual design with pencil and paper, it helps me to finish forming an idea or re-think an idea in the rough before I flesh it out on the screen. Saves a lot of time...

Weapon_R
12-24-2011, 09:31 AM
WR,
I do CAD for a living, just scan or shoot a photo of your hand drawn design to me.. I can turn it around in 30-45 min. and send a .dxf and a .dwg back to you, no charge.

Thanks Bio. I will surely take you up on that offer.
Plan to learn a little CAD as I have multiple designs to try out.
I think efficiency can be greatly improved with brute force electrolysis.

BioFarmer93
12-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Thanks Bio. I will surely take you up on that offer.
Plan to learn a little CAD as I have multiple designs to try out.
I think efficiency can be greatly improved with brute force electrolysis.

No prob, and if you come up with something that hasn't been tried before, you have to share with the rest of the kids...

Weapon_R
12-24-2011, 01:14 PM
No prob, and if you come up with something that hasn't been tried before, you have to share with the rest of the kids...
Goes without saying.:)