PDA

View Full Version : Research Completed!

Outmodeduser
12-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Its been a couple of months, but all of my testing and data has rolled in for my school research project. The research cell I built sucked, and I now understand why dry cells exist. Leakage and steam were the biggest hurdles, but, it got the job done.
Anyway, it was an 8 plate wet cell with a DEFIE. No PWM.
Here is the data, I had two hypothesis: One) The cell would increase mileage efficiency, Two) The cell would lower CO2 emmissions. The data supports BOTH of these hypothesis.

Each Average was derived from a sample base of 15 trials. CO2 mass calculates were found with a CO2 and NH3 titration (1:1 molar ratio)

Standard Actual City Miles Per Gallon: 15.682miles per gallon
HHO Boosed City Miles Per Gallon: 19.068 miles per gallon

Standard CO2 emissions (in grams/mL exhaust): .00105 g/mL
HHO Boosted emissions (in grams/mL exhaust): .0005503 g/mL

I hope to take these results to ISEF and win some sweet sweet scholarships!

myoldyourgold
12-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Excellent!! Can you post the graphs and detailed data. Great learning tool and I am rooting for you to get the scholarships!!

BioFarmer93
12-13-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't know if you'll get the scholarship or not, I sure hope so- but that definitely earned you knighthood within our ranks! Way to go man, rock it right on up the ladder.

fv121
12-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Excellent!! Can you post the graphs and detailed data. scholarships!!

did he ever post graphs and data?

BioFarmer93
12-25-2011, 11:13 PM
not yet...

Outmodeduser
12-29-2011, 03:49 PM
not yet...
I'm so sorry about the delay!!! I had to double the data I did to do t-tests. That and the holidays. Because I added 15 additional trials to each sample set, the data has changed. It still reflects the same way. Anyway...
Attached is the mileage data and averages in OpenOffice spreadsheet format. And my methodology rough draft.
I am terribly sorry about the delay, but this project has really worn me out! Also, its really fun when you leave the system on for an hour when you go into the store, and your battery is dead. Should have wired it to the ignition...