PDA

View Full Version : nutral plates?

john7z7
12-12-2011, 07:39 PM
I am thinking about using nutral plates to separate the positive and negative plates in a new generator. My question is if I have the hydrogen electrode on one side of the nutral and the oxygen electrode on the other side, which side of the nutral produces hydrogen?

myoldyourgold
12-12-2011, 09:21 PM
I am thinking about using nutral plates to separate the positive and negative plates in a new generator. My question is if I have the hydrogen electrode on one side of the nutral and the oxygen electrode on the other side, which side of the nutral produces hydrogen?

It does not quite work like that. A neutral plate is a bipolar plate that has one side + and the other side -. So if you had +N- you have 2 cells each having a +and a -. (+ -/+ -) Both gases HH and O2 (HHO) will be produced because there is a negative and a positive in each cell. Are you trying to separate the gases?

john7z7
12-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Yes I am trying to separate the gases.

myoldyourgold
12-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Here is one of Bill Williams videos. Look at all his other videos and you will see how it is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wUg53epmzM

koya1893
12-22-2011, 07:34 AM
May I recommend building a basic configured system first and get familiar with the concept before you tackle on seperating the two gasses. You'll find unless you have a special application, going with standard bipolar system is sufficient. I've tried splitting the two, it's way too much work and makes the system bulky hard to mount.

If you build a cell 15-20 amps and can run it for hours without a PWM, you'll have a 80-90% efficient. the key factor I've discovered is keeping the system cool, mainly the initial solution that floods the cell. Hence, dual reservor concept.