PDA

View Full Version : New member

toolongtospell
12-12-2011, 01:03 AM
I've been looking into HHO for quite some time now, and only now getting serious about it. Soon I will be purchasing a 2004 VW Jetta 1.8T soon, and I want to install a HHO kit once I get it. I seem pretty lost when reading other threads about the different parts to the system. Is there a guide that puts in easy to understand terms, and give good suggestions as to building a HHO system. I've heard dry cells are better (more efficient) but as I just stated I'm very new to the technology that is behind these HHO systems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TRANSIT_MAN
12-12-2011, 03:07 AM
I've been looking into HHO for quite some time now, and only now getting serious about it. Soon I will be purchasing a 2004 VW Jetta 1.8T soon, and I want to install a HHO kit once I get it. I seem pretty lost when reading other threads about the different parts to the system. Is there a guide that puts in easy to understand terms, and give good suggestions as to building a HHO system. I've heard dry cells are better (more efficient) but as I just stated I'm very new to the technology that is behind these HHO systems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1,header tank
2,dry cell
3,tubing
4,Relay
5,cable
6, Switch
7,electrolyte

Welcome to the fun of HHO & to the Forum :D

BioFarmer93
12-12-2011, 10:08 AM
8. Bubbler

Too long,
There is much reading for you to do, suggest you go back fifty pages or so and read & follow links. There is no quick summation of this stuff and you will have a much broader understanding of the entire process if you are willing to dig in. Please understand that folks show up here everyday looking for the quick and easy answers- and we always tell them, "It's all here, just read...";)

toolongtospell
12-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the reply's, I went to YouTube and found a great channel called
HHO Connection (http://www.youtube.com/user/hhoconnection) that the host very simply walked through the workings of the system. Now that I have a better grasp of HHO and how it all works I have some more specific questions.

How can you tell what size of Dry Cell will support your car engine? Would a 31 plate dry cell be plenty to cover a 1.8T engine?

What grade Stainless Steel and thickness should the plates be if I decided to make my own dry cell?

Suggestions for a reliable EFIE controller, and are there better MAF/MAP or are they all the same?

Once again thanks for the help

myoldyourgold
12-12-2011, 10:54 AM
9. Electronic tunning for electronic fuel injection vehicles.
10. Vacuum brake between the reservoir and bubbler.

With out an electronic controller the gains are erratic at best from vehicle to vehicle and non existent in most cases. There are methods by altering the PVC and EGR systems to help but very complex, time consuming, and limited in regards to timing issues. EFIE's MAP/MAF controllers etc do the job in minutes and more accurately. The vacuum brake prevents sucking anything out of the bubbler.

BioFarmer93
12-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Yes, HHOConnection is one of our very own and we are quite proud to have him. His videos are excellent at "clearing the fog". If you look at his web site you will see that he offers electrolysers from several different manufacturers that would be suitable for a 1.8.

For a 1.8L gas engine you will probably want to start with a .9 to 1 lpm unit and work from there with your tuning. A small 8 plate electrolyser [+nnnnnn-] will be sufficient to produce all the gas you need.

316L stainless steel is the material of choice unless you are very wealthy.

As for engine management mods, there are more opinions on that than I can keep up with. I would say build or buy your electrolyser and other components first and keep your eyes on this forum, as there are some good things coming down the pipe that should arrive before too much longer.