PDA

View Full Version : can I use holes vs. slots

madman
12-10-2011, 10:00 AM
The design I am building calls for 4 slots in the plates which line up with the dividers and end plates. Due to low budget I cut my plates including notches for electric conn. myself. If I drill holes (same area aprox. 1/4 inch) will this be a problem? Or should I drill several holes slightly larger side by side with a small gap inbetween them to equal the required area?

Plates cut,gaskets cut, dividers cut,drilled, taped, bublers made. Waiting for the brown truck to deliver fittings, hose,resivoir, difusers, check valve and koh.

P.S. Next build will be with water jet cut plates. Please reply with who you use for this.

Thank You, Mark

BioFarmer93
12-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Mark,
Holes along the path that the slots would have taken are just fine. The idea of slots came about when Larry (HHOPWR) was looking for ways to make the highest flow rate reactor that could be designed without using a pump. The inline slots are only a viable concept in a unipolar reactor (lucky you), but a series of holes the diameter of the slot width will serve the same purpose with very little slow down in the flow.