PDA

View Full Version : HHO on a 600hp truck?

hydroman
12-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Hi,
does anyone have experience or an idea with hho instalation on diesel trucks 300 - 600 hp?
What would be the best solution for that kind of vehicle?
How many and what type of generators would be enough?
I have some experience with dry cell generators with 11 plates and have installed them on couple of cars, but I have no experience with trucks.
Thanks in advance.

koya1893
12-09-2011, 07:18 AM
I've installed several on Ford 7.3 Turbo, they were stock except for the exhaust and cold intake. Majority of these trucks towed a 40 foot 5th wheel and yield 3 mpg during long trips and they shared how responsive their truck are expecially going up hill. I got the same feedback from Chevy 98-2004 2500, I am not sure what kind of MODs they did on their turck but the gain was similar.

I recently got me a 2012 Ram 3500 with the 6.7 turbo 350hp and 800+ tq, I am trying to get a better understanding on the two O2 sensors on the exhaust. From what I was told from the mech at the dealer I shouldn't need to do anything. Just intall the system, which I am going to do and see what the O2 will do to re-schedule any additional fuel or it will think the EGR system is working as it should and live the scheduled fuel the way it is from the factory.

I also learned a method how to adjust timing and fuel scheduling through several sensore the ECU uses to determined AFR. I am not sure if this applies to these newer diesel engine with all the electronic like gas engines.

By the way, the system I installed on the Ford was only putting out 2-2.5 lpm without doing anything to decrease the scheduled fuel (that is a two stack system configured like so +nnnnn-NNNNN+). the neg does not have any holes, hence you need dual inlet and outlet and have a 1.5-2 gl, dual resrvoir capacity to keep the system cool.

BioFarmer93
12-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi,
does anyone have experience or an idea with hho instalation on diesel trucks 300 - 600 hp?
What would be the best solution for that kind of vehicle?
How many and what type of generators would be enough?
I have some experience with dry cell generators with 11 plates and have installed them on couple of cars, but I have no experience with trucks.
Thanks in advance.

Hydroman,
Welcome to the forum. If you make the displacements of the engines available to us, it is a fairly straightforward caculation to determine reactor size.

hydroman
12-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Hydroman,
Welcome to the forum. If you make the displacements of the engines available to us, it is a fairly straightforward caculation to determine reactor size.

Thanks for the welcome, happy to be here. I'm actually from europe and my english isnt that good, sorry in advance ;)...so If you could please clarify what do you mean by "displacements" ?

hydroman
12-09-2011, 06:04 PM
I also learned a method how to adjust timing and fuel scheduling through several sensore the ECU uses to determined AFR. I am not sure if this applies to these newer diesel engine with all the electronic like gas engines.

By the way, the system I installed on the Ford was only putting out 2-2.5 lpm without doing anything to decrease the scheduled fuel (that is a two stack system configured like so +nnnnn-NNNNN+). the neg does not have any holes, hence you need dual inlet and outlet and have a 1.5-2 gl, dual resrvoir capacity to keep the system cool.

Thanks for the reply.
On how much amps did it work?
Did you change the thickness of the electrodes? (Somwhere I read that )

BioFarmer93
12-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the welcome, happy to be here. I'm actually from europe and my english isnt that good, sorry in advance ;)...so If you could please clarify what do you mean by "displacements" ?

How many liters (litres)? Engine size..

hydroman
12-10-2011, 03:40 AM
16 liters

...it is a fairly straightforward caculation to determine reactor size.

Could you please tell me how do you calculate reactor size?

BioFarmer93
12-10-2011, 02:57 PM
16 liters

Could you please tell me how do you calculate reactor size?

0.375 amp per 4 square cm. x 14 amps per liter per minute

hydroman
12-11-2011, 11:40 AM
thanks a lot guys.

myoldyourgold
12-11-2011, 12:19 PM
0.375 amp per 4 square cm. x 14 amps per liter per minute

Bio, isn't that the minimum and the max:

.75 amp per 4 square cm x 14 amps per LPM especially with media blasted plates.

BioFarmer93
12-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Carter,
That is a happy medium between 1/4 and 1/2 amp per sq. in... 4sq.cm. = roughly (almost) 1 sq. in.:D