PDA

View Full Version : Good plate config for mazda b3000

WilliamBeaudry
12-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I have 12 plates running +-+-+-+-+-+- and I dont seem to get nearly enough gas to even bother putting it in my car. I tried running +NN-NN+NN-NN with even lower results. How can I up my output? Im using baking soda and regular tap water if that matters. Thank you for the help in advance.

myoldyourgold
12-04-2011, 01:49 PM
I have 12 plates running +-+-+-+-+-+- and I dont seem to get nearly enough gas to even bother putting it in my car. I tried running +NN-NN+NN-NN with even lower results. How can I up my output? Im using baking soda and regular tap water if that matters. Thank you for the help in advance.

Go to 13 plates -nnnnn+nnnnn- and do not use baking soda or ordinary water. Use NaOH (LYE) and distilled water and you will have excellent production. Easily 1 to 2.5 lpm.

WilliamBeaudry
12-04-2011, 01:56 PM
where can I get lye?

myoldyourgold
12-04-2011, 02:08 PM
If in the US Ace hardware or Lows. Make sure it says 100% lye. Some of the cheaper drain cleaners have aluminum and other chemicals in them. There are lots of places that sell it on line. It is used in soap making.

WilliamBeaudry
12-04-2011, 03:14 PM
So I tried the lye and the distilled water with the configuration that you suggested. and it gets the worst production so far. what gives. My first model with no neutral plates was the best so far. (by neutral, you mean a plate with no connection to it, Right?)

myoldyourgold
12-04-2011, 03:31 PM
So I tried the lye and the distilled water with the configuration that you suggested. and it gets the worst production so far. what gives. My first model with no neutral plates was the best so far. (by neutral, you mean a plate with no connection to it, Right?)

How much lye did you use per gallon of distilled water? How many amps was it using? What kind of power supply are you using or is it in a car? What size are your plates? What size and location are the ports? What size are the gaskets. Is this a series flow through reactor or just plates in a container? It will take at least 15 amps per liter of gas. I think you need to give us more details. Pictures would be good so we can help. No way could that configuration not produce 1 lpm at 15 amps. You are obviously doing something wrong or I misunderstand your setup completely.

-NNNNN+NNNNN- Is composed of 3 unipolar power plates and 10 bipolar plates. Depending on the size of the plates, ports and electrolyte concentration, it could produce 3 to 6 lpm when everything is right.

WilliamBeaudry
12-04-2011, 08:27 PM
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee462/tumadre776/hho.jpg

I know its not the best set up. But I have it in a container. The plates are stainless and the washers are nylon. The wires are wrapped around holes drilled in the plates. The only stainless i could get my hands on were some scrap pieces that I cut to the same size. And I am currently running it off my car battery.

BioFarmer93
12-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Bill,
Change that center steel bolt you have in there for a nylon bolt, your plates are short circuiting on it... I'm surprised you haven't melted your supply wires with that rig. Also, find some more of those nylon washers and cut them in half, put a half washer at each corner of your plates to keep the spacing equal between all plates... Slanted plates are a major no-no. Submerged copper connections are a HUGE no-no, they'll be gone before you know it. You have built a reactor that is virtually impossible to maintain.. It's OK for a proof of concept but I'm afraid that's about it- sorry. If you seriously want to build a decent reactor there are certain design rules that by virtue of their necessity can not be avoided. We'll be glad to help if you want to get serious..:)

WilliamBeaudry
12-05-2011, 09:38 AM
I do have a piece of shrink tubing around the steel bolt and hot glue covering the copper wires. and i did have washers to keep the spacing even. However, I do realize that it was poorly put to together and all of that is still not acceptable. I would like to build a serious reactor but I do not know where to get the stainless plates. Or what is the best design for a serious build. If you guys are willing to help, It would be great to know where I can get the materials I need and what I actually need. Thanks

myoldyourgold
12-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Well now I can understand why things are not working for you. You will never be able to get this working efficiently no matter what you do. It is only good to see that HHO can be made. It could be dangerous too. If you are serious about plates plan to spend some money. Good plates do not come for pennies and are either laser cut, water cut, or stamped out on a turret press. None of these are cheap. If you want to cut the material by hand and drill holes in the plates that to is not easy. You might be better off starting with an already built reactor where, because of building more than one, the price of things come down.

BioFarmer93
12-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Bill,
You want between .03 & .04 316L S.S.. Are you in the U.S.? Use Google or the yellow pages to locate waterjet cutters in your area, or like myoldyourgold said, order them premade from any of numerous sites on the web. We even have a gentleman on this forum that makes a business of selling kits, parts and finished reactors.

WilliamBeaudry
12-06-2011, 08:39 AM
yes I am in the US. What kind of serious money are we talking? That might determine if I want to continue or not.

myoldyourgold
12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
yes I am in the US. What kind of serious money are we talking? That might determine if I want to continue or no

I pay $8.00 a plate for 18 gauge. This will include tabs on the 3 power plates. Plus shipping. Ports of any design. PM me if you are interested and I will give you all the details.