PDA

View Full Version : unipolar with 7 groups-plumbing ?

madman
11-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Build will be 7 groups with 7 plates each with 6 dividers and 2 end plates made of 1 inch hdpe. Plate size is 5 inch wide and 3.5 tall. Plates will have 2 slots at top for gas out and 2 slots at bottom for elite in.
This is how I think it is plumbed. Dividers have 4 holes drilled all the way thru where they connect with the slots in plates thus 2 left for elite in and 2 right . Same for gas out 2 left and 2 right. Now to connect these holes more holes must be drilled in the edges (top and bottom) to meet these holes in the faces. Half the amount ,4 meaning 2 ontop for gas out and 2 on bottom for elite in.Even though there is only 4 holes thru the face there is actually 8 holes if you count both sides.

Is this correct, if not please explain. The question is, how are all the hoses connected together to go to resivoir and bubblers?Planning on using 3/8 npt fittings with 3/8 barbs.

Havens78
11-16-2011, 11:12 PM
check out the beast progress thread from BioFarmer, tons of info there. More than I could type out and actually have it be understood, sounds like you're on the right track so far.

BioFarmer93
11-17-2011, 09:00 AM
STOP!! You have the 4 holes part correct but you do NOT drill all the way through. You drill 2 of them HALF way through from one side to serve that side, and you drill the other two of them half way through from the other side to serve that side. THEN you drill in from the top & bottom EDGE to meet those holes, this makes an "L" passage for each hole in the dividers.
If you had drilled the holes all the way through your divider plates you would have ended up with an inefficient version of a unipolar/bipolar hybid.:eek:
Search for user "CLFLYGUY" on youtube and take a look at the video where I show the unipolar divider plate if my explanation was not clear enough.
As for plumbing, be prepared for a bunch of it... All divider plates are identical in their hole layout and plumbing- endplates of course are different in that all 4 of their holes get drilled from one side.
In the two drawings I've included (ignore that one is a 5 plater & one is a seven plater) you can see that each group has a different polarity for the plates closest to the dividers- this is how you determine which of the two reservoirs you route your gas and water tubes to and from, as they assume the polarity of the plate closest to them. I know that to some folks having two reservoirs seems weird, but then having this kind of efficiency makes a couple of special demands on a build. I'll put a new video up tonight of the Biobeast progress and show the plumbing in detail- it's more than we're used to, but it is what it is...

madman
11-17-2011, 08:40 PM
I GET IT. Took a while. Like a blind mortise in wood working, holes stop, not thru, and of course the holes in edges stop when they meet the stoped face holes. One elite in feeds left side and other in feedsright side, Gas out holes do the same.
I looked at the outlet polarity picture and have a question. Looks like a front view. are there twice as many outlets but they just do not show? Counting endplates and 6 dividers will there be 32 ports, 16 in and 16 out? Getting close. Thanks for sticking with me. Mark

BioFarmer93
11-18-2011, 09:02 AM
I GET IT. Took a while. Like a blind mortise in wood working, holes stop, not thru, and of course the holes in edges stop when they meet the stoped face holes. One elite in feeds left side and other in feedsright side, Gas out holes do the same.
I looked at the outlet polarity picture and have a question. Looks like a front view. are there twice as many outlets but they just do not show? Counting endplates and 6 dividers will there be 32 ports, 16 in and 16 out? Getting close. Thanks for sticking with me. Mark

You got it Bucko- nailed it in one... Yeah, that drawing is a little on the schematic side of things, I was trying to show the interrelaltion of things in the simplest form I could think of.

Bazarommcmullen
11-19-2011, 01:33 AM
Madman,
I was in the same boat as you except.. I plumbed my stuff to one resevoir originally, all wrong. Now I am on hold for no other reason then time and other things are occupying my time. I strted my build last March. THen came summer. i am an avid boater from May to September which put my build on hold as i am out of town every weekend fishing or working. Now its fall which is hunting season in PA. Next will be christmas followed by Snowmobile season, plus I am soon ready to mount my equipment in my truck and I do not want to do so till winter clears because I use my truck for snowmobiling which can reach very low temps in PA and New York. So I will most likely be continuing in March or April. But I continue to follow this forum and look forward to reading about your progress as I think we are working on similiar builds.
And I take every comment Biofarmer makes very seariously as he has been a great mentor of mine on this site. I keep an eye out for all of his comments and posts.