PDA

View Full Version : VW Audi Group Diesel vehicle required for testing

3DUBs
11-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Hi,

Well I am just finishing my first test cell for some bench testing and will be looking to install on a vehicle soon.

So I have a question or two, that hopefully someone may be able to help me with.

I am looking for a Volkswagen Audi Group diesel vehicle (European) to try my cell on; however I'm looking for one that doesn't have to many engine management parameters governed by emissions that can also be interrogated via OBDII diagnostic software.

I have a good diagnostic package (VAG-COM) that I have used on my Corrado in the past, it has data logging facilities and real time analysis tools of many engine parameters such as:

Injector durations
O2%
Exhaust Gas Temperatures
Ignition Advance
% Engine Load
Turbo boost....

You can extract some really useful information from it.

So the long and short is I would like an uncomplicated diesel that I can plug my VAG-COM into and extract some data from. Analysing what is changed by the addition of HHO, adjusting levels to hopefully ascertain what is happening in the process.

I would do this on my Corrado (Petrol with O2 sensor) but I don't really want to adjust the EMS as this could be a false positive to what is actually happening. Id really like to try it on an unmodified system before adjusting sensor reading by means of an EFIE.

Any thoughts on a suitable I guess old-ish vehicle (European market)?

Cheers